Principal Product Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are bringing Amazon's trademarks (big ideas and customer obsession!) to recruiting at Amazon. Come help us hire the best, build great tools for our hiring managers and recruiters, and help candidates (people like you!) find their next amazing opportunity.
Amazon’s Recruiting Engine team is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Principal Product Manager to lead a cross-functional team of product, UX, tech, and recruiting stakeholders to create a new product in the recruiting space. We'll first solve for a local team, but will quickly expand to all of Amazon, across the globe. As the Principal Product Manager, you will own the vision and strategy for every aspect of the product, from strategy to feature-level definition and a roadmap to scale. You'll make the tradeoffs that help us learn quickly, deliver value, and continue to iterate on a product that will have high visibility, with directors and VPs across Amazon. There will be a lot of ambiguity to work through, and we need your strong judgement and product skills to do it. Your primary customers are internal: the senior leaders who need to grow their teams, finance teams, and recruiters.
Product management at Amazon is inherently cross-functional. The right candidate needs to be an owner of their portfolio; making strategic product decisions grounded in data. You will work closely with business teams, leaders, and dedicated user experience design and engineering teams in an agile development environment to launch new features and experiences. Other key responsibilities include monitoring the execution of the project, providing project progress to stakeholders, and ensuring appropriate levels of quality to maintain the overall integrity of the project.
The role is based in Seattle, but this person could also sit with our team in Vancouver or be virtual (Pacific or Mountain Time).
· 8+ years of Product Management experience in technology organizations.
· 4+ years working at a software company focused on customer experience with a large number of users.
· Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps and functional specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and informing user testing.
· Experience influencing and creating culture with Engineers and UX designers to solve core customer needs.
· Experience owning development of a product and working cross-functionally with UX design and software development teams to manage the day to day tactics.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units.
· Demonstrated track record of strong written and verbal communication to gain buy-in for product vision and crisply communicate product status updates.
· 4-year BA/BS required or equivalent years of industry experience.
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights.
· Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features.
· Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple high-complexity projects.
· Excellent organizational and presentation skills with the ability to successfully interact and influence across functions at all levels of an organization and with customers.
· Quantitative background with proven ability to synthesize and make sense out of huge amounts of data.
· Prior experience working as a software developer or UX designer.
· MBA preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company.