UX Researcher/Senior UX Researcher (Remote)
United States Remote
It’s an exciting time to join our team. We're the world’s largest all-remote company, and we've been intentionally building our culture this way from the start. With more than 1,200 team members in 65+ countries, GitLab is a place where you can contribute from almost anywhere. We are an ambitious, productive team that embraces a set of shared values in everything we do.
As a UX Researcher at GitLab, you will be responsible for guiding research initiatives within our cloud security, infrastructure security, and vulnerability management features. The work you’ll do will be impactful and help shape the future of our DevSecOps offering.
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLab team members are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually -- instead, we focus on your results. You can work the hours you choose, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. You can also expect stock options and a competitive salary. Our compensation calculator will be shared with selected candidates before any interview.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) are fundamental to the success of GitLab. We want to infuse DIB in every way possible and in all that we do. We strive to create a transparent environment where all team members around the world feel that their voices are heard and welcomed. We also aim to be a place where people can show up as their full selves each day and contribute their best. With more than 100,000 organizations using GitLab, our goal is to have a team that is representative of our users.
What you'll do in this role
- Proactively identify generative user research projects within your stage groups. Work collaboratively with Product Managers to execute research projects.
- Divide your time across strategic research, problem validation, and solution validation.
- Guide, and where necessary train, Product Designers in how to undertake evaluative research projects and in how to create strategic deliverables (such as journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas).
- Form a working understanding of the technology and features of the stage groups to which you are assigned, and have working knowledge of the end-to-end GitLab product.
- Evangelize research. Share user insights with the broader organization and externally in creative ways to increase empathy.
- Lead strategic user research initiatives that span multiple stage groups (and possibly the entire product).
- Mentor UX Researchers, both inside and outside of your stage groups.
- Actively contribute to UX Research processes, documentation, and repositories.
- Engage in social media efforts, including writing blog articles and responding on Twitter, as appropriate.
- Interview potential UX candidates.
You should apply if you bring:
- Significant professional experience with user research.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Experience working for a tech startup.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Enterprise software experience.
- Developer platform/tool industry experience.
- Degree in psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction or related field.
- Passion for open source tools
- Passion for security
Your application has been successfully submitted.