Software Development Engineer I
Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Amazon Macie team is looking for a software engineer to help build the future of the service. Amazon Macie is a security service that uses data loss prevention techniques and machine learning to automatically discover, classify, and protect sensitive data in AWS. Amazon Macie recognizes sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII) or intellectual property, and provides you with dashboards and alerts that give visibility into how this data is being accessed or moved. The fully managed service continuously monitors data access activity for anomalies, and generates detailed alerts when it detects risk of unauthorized access or inadvertent data leaks. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about working on highly scalable systems that processes billions of objects and petabytes of information. You will get opportunity to lead and contribute to the expansion of Macie’s core classification capabilities. You will enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment, writing high performance code that is scalable and maintainable. You will also have the opportunity to shape the future direction of the product, working closely with product management to give technical direction to business problems.
· 1+ years of professional experience in software development
· 1+ years of professional experience with Java, C++, or similar object oriented language
· 1+ years of working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline
· Experience with computer security
· Knowledge of AWS services and infrastructure
· Experience with scalable, API based agent or service oriented software architecture
· Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Your application has been successfully submitted.