Software Development Engineer II
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Do you want to grow and be part of a team that is building hybrid-edge cloud services used in virtually all corners of the world, in the most demanding industries, and the most challenging use cases? If you said yes, come join the AWS Snow family of services and help us revolutionize the world of hybrid-edge cloud computing!
AWS Snow family is responsible for the Snowcone, Snowball and Snowmobile. These collectively provide edge computing capabilities and exabyte-scale data transfer for AWS customers. As a member of our team you will contribute to all aspects of the software life-cycle including design, development, testing, code reviews, and operations. You will work with and drive real improvements for customers from around the world.
Processing and moving large amounts of at remote locations to the cloud quickly, securely, and cost-effectively is a very significant challenge and we are eagerly looking for innovative leaders to embark on the journey to build the best hybrid-edge solutions that scale without limits and deliver bar-raising customer experience in all environments and under all conditions. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take the service to new heights. This is an opportunity to shape the future of hybrid-edge cloud computing. Our mission is to transform the way the world builds their hybrid and edge cloud computing solutions.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience in building complex software that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with customers and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience mentoring other developers
· Knowledge of storage systems
· Knowledge of clustering systems
· Knowledge of AWS services
Your application has been successfully submitted.