Viva Horizontals PM Manager
About this job
As a PM Manager, you will lead key scenarios at both the platform and the user experience layer connecting individuals across their organization and increasing employee connectedness and belonging to work. You will create and execute the product roadmap for your areas, partner with your PM, engineering, research & design peers to define and launch product improvements, and work alongside data scientists to identify and drive key measures of success.
This role will require strong partnership with other product teams within Experience + Devices as well as great collaboration with the Microsoft field, and marketing. Candidates' attributes include strategic thinking, customer obsession, a learning mindset, bias for action, and generating energy across a diverse team.
- Develop a strong product team with a clear focus on customers that delivers strong customer and product value.
- Establish successful partnerships across the Viva constellation and suite of products.
- Craft product strategy and vision informed by customer and partner research as well as data driven analysis.
- Develop product Roadmaps based on strategy and vision.
- Partner with Engineering, Design, Research and Data Analytics team as well as peer PMs across Yammer, Viva and Microsoft to deliver seamless end to end experiences.
- Deliver results in an environment of ambiguity.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Own the product lifecycle for your areas: deliver and deploy features, learn from user adoption metrics and feedback, and effectively communicate broadly product strategy, tactics, and operations.
- 8+ years’ experience in product management or equivalent experience.
- Experience with ability to take products from ideation to shipping, quickly
- Demonstrated focus on customer value and a deep commitment to creating products that deliver delightful user experiences.
- Proven experience shipping complex features in consumer or commercial products.
- Creative and inventive problem solver – delivering innovation for both product experiences and team leadership.
- Outstanding collaboration and partnership skills, with proven ability to drive results across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- The ability to think creatively and critically about product features, architecture, and capabilities
- Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, service operations at scale, and ability to go deep in technical areas
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.