Senior Technical Product Manager
Seattle, WA, USA
Zulily, Inc. is a leading global e-commerce seller that strives to deliver three unique elements each day to every one of our customers – fresh (products, brands), boutique (unique, unexpected items), and value (unbeatable, low prices), while focusing on our core principles: driving progress, acting with empathy, being brave, embracing the future, and doing what’s right. We are seeking a Mid-level to Senior Technical Product Manager to help lead and execute vision for our Seller Experience. Are you a driver with a bias for action and a passion to build a dynamic end-to-end seller experience? Work closely with business, strategy, analytics and engineers as a part of a highly empowered and collaborative product team. If this sounds like you, read on!Zulily serves over 6M active customers across the world delivering products from over 15,000 brands. We operate country-specific storefronts in 8 countries (US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, Mexico, Singapore, Hong Kong). 70% of our orders come from mobile devices, one of the highest in retail, while over 90% of our orders come from repeat customers, an indication of strong customer loyalty. Zulily uses 100s of new events (mini storefronts) to launch over 9,000 products daily, delivering a high degree of freshness to the site.
The mission of the Merchandising & Vendor Platforms (MVP) team is to innovate in order to easily acquire, curate, and promote products so that Mom can discover great finds she trusts at unbeatable prices. As part of this mission, MVP is responsible for developing software that drives our product ingestion, merchandising activities, vendor operations, external vendor tools, and pricing systems. We work with a wide range of partners, including internal tech and business teams, as well as external vendors, suppliers, and integrators. As a member of MVP you will have a direct and meaningful impact on our ability to deliver great finds at unbeatable prices to Mom, while gaining exposure to nearly every facet of our growing e-commerce business!
Our Seller Experience Product Manager will help define vision, create long-term strategy, and design and build features directly impacting the vendor and seller experience from first contact through to nurturing a long-lasting and successful partnership. You will be working with business leadership and strategy to refine the vision, collaborating with user experience designers and engineers to deliver new features and enhanced experiences for our partners, expanding selection and reducing friction along the way.
- You display energy and initiative in solving problems. You share a passion for your products and customers.
- You are not afraid to ask questions and seek clarity. You listen. You are a lifelong learner.
- You are a problem-solver. You bring a can-do approach. You confront problems, take time to understand the issues (said, unsaid), propose solutions, and take ownership through resolution or a clear hand-off.
- You are adaptive and adept at dealing with ambiguity at speed. We work in a fast-paced environment and look to our product managers as owners capable of making decisions in the room.
- You believe data is job one, utilizing direct or proxy metrics to make decisions where possible. Where not possible, you are comfortable taking informed risks in the short term, while working to quickly close the data gap.
- You are a skilled communicator adept at using different media (verbal, written) to maximum effectiveness and evangelize your ideas, vision, and roadmap.
- You are a context switcher, able to jump from conversation to presentation to research and back, adjusting your content, presentation and participation according to your audience, function, and desired outcomes.
- You are the product owner. You define the what, the why, and the why now.
- You develop a deep understanding of your customer. You are obsessed with measuring and quantifying the impact of your product on the customers and the business.
- You define the vision for your product and the success metrics to measure progress. You conduct analysis and provide viable options for prioritization and recommend best path forward.
- You develop, refine, & manage the roadmap, often making difficult trade-offs between competing priorities and driving alignment across the organization.
- You collaborate with all levels in the org and partner teams (execs, product and engineering partners, BI, merchants, vendors) to establish commitment, trust, and business cases for resource prioritization of your products. You drive a product from inception-to-launch.
- Finally, you get the job done.
- Bachelors’ degree in relevant fields and other real-world, professional experience will be considered.
- 4+ years as a Product Manager; Program Management experience considered
- Experience shipping software and technology products
- Have proven analytical and quantitative skills; Know how to use SQL/BQ
- Leverage data and metrics to assess, drive, and communicate product decisions
- Strong and creative with problem-solving
- Rigorous in execution from start-to-finish—you are effective and efficient
- Effective Communicator (up/down/sideways in the org-hierarchy)
- Experience leading cross-functional teams using Agile methods
- Experience in delivering compelling, effective user experiences in close partnership with UX designers
- Building & delivering products through several releases
- Building products working with multiple teams (Tech and Business)
- Front end customer facing web experience including security, updates, ADA compliance, style guides and brand awareness, and workflow driven usability.
- Working with ML Engineers & Data Scientists
- Working with internet-scale, complex apps
- MBA or relevant experience
- Retail Technology or Vendor/ Seller Domain Expertise
Your application has been successfully submitted.