Marketing Manager - Influencers
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
This role will report directly to the Head of Mobile Marketing Influencers, as part of the MX Marketing team for Samsung in the USA. This is a hybrid position, required to work part of the week in the Plano, TX office/part of the week remotely.
This role is a critical member of the MX Marketing team – you will have visibility and influence over every product and campaign launched by Samsung in the USA with executive visibility along every step of the way.
You’ll need a strategic mindset but will also need a focus on execution with a sense of urgency. By their nature, Influencer partnerships are only successful with win-win outcomes, so you’ll have a high degree of EQ to be able to anticipate, understand and react to individuals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
As part of our Mobile Experience (MX) Marketing team - Samsung’s Influencer Marketing team is responsible for managing our #TeamGalaxy roster of Talent and Influencers. #TeamGalaxy is a highly diverse group of individuals who share one objective – help Samsung solve business challenges and reach audiences that may not be possible through traditional media.
Samsung does not follow the standard “industry playbook” for Influencers – everything we do is focused on our specific business goals and objectives against a robust and bespoke framework.
In this role, you’ll be involved in every aspect of Influencer marketing, from identifying and hiring new Talent, ideating new ideas and concepts that align with strategic briefs, developing content and measuring performance of both the program and individual campaigns.
Samsung sees our #TeamGalaxy as partners, so in addition to being highly focused on exceeding Samsung’s goals and targets, you’ll share accountability for elevating our roster and making our Talent successful – their success is our success.
You’ll be working heavily with Samsung’s internal teams in Korea to align on global-local strategies and implementations. You’ll work heavily with our Carrier and Retail stakeholders to ensure maximum value and amplification.
This is a fast-paced environment with a great mix of strategic planning, rapid execution and a bit of hustle!
- Identify Talent that align with our strategic priorities and framework. Work with agency partners to find & onboard new Talent that fit our framework and can deliver against our business goals
- Map specific Talent to campaign and launch objectives, audiences and sales
- Execute specific campaigns and device launches where we can activate Talent. Translate campaign strategies into Influencer strategies and tactics by identifying how & where Influencers add incremental value
- Work closely with Finance to ensure all plans are within budget, and all approvals handled within compliance and guidelines
- Negotiate & execute commercial terms & contracts to secure Talent – working with internal stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, Compliance and Procurement
- Track, analyze and report against marketing/Partnerships KPIs and metrics, and take corrective action where needed
- Take a consultative role for multiple internal stakeholders – be a source of expertise in Influencers
- BA/BS degree required, preferably in marketing, communications or business management
- 6+ years of experience in at least one of these areas: Influencer Marketing/Talent, Partnership Marketing, Partnerships, Business Development, Account Management
- Comfortable presenting at executive level
- Strong project/program management experience
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- An iterative thinker who can challenge the status quo
- Consummate collaborator committed to communication excellence
- Ability to think strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Ability to think quickly and make decisions, sometimes without all the necessary information
- Ability to negotiate contracts with a strong bias for up-holding legal, compliance and financial policies and following proper procedure
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.