Software Engineering Manager, Front End - Samsung Ads
- Position Summary
- Samsung Ads is looking for an experienced Manager, Front End Engineering to lead an amazing engineering team in our Mountain View site and own the technical vision and strategy for the UI and APIs of our Audience Builder product within the Samsung Ads platform. The Audience Builder allows advertisers to create audiences from many data points to build the best outcomes for their ads. Our Advertisers and Sales team uses the Audience Builder tool multiple times a day when building Advertising Campaigns.
- Over the last few years, Samsung has been investing in building up a portfolio of engaging services across its devices to complement its market-leading hardware business, while leveraging its unparalleled global distribution footprint. These services, coupled with a vast partner network and proprietary data, generate a massive opportunity for ad-based monetization.
- Five years into this journey, Samsung Ads is a highly successful and fast-growing business. This business and its continued future success depend on the products, technologies and tools owned by the Global Ads & Data Product & Engineering team. Hundreds of people strong, with substantial presence in four countries, the Global P&E team is a fast-paced, dynamic and complex organization, operating across a broad spectrum of product and strategic domains.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identify, evaluate and integrate a range of publisher-focused 3rd party solutions into our proprietary Adtech stack
- Partner with creative and data engineering teams for testing, optimization, reporting, and insights
- Manage the development and delivery of technical solutions across multiple teams
- Maintain a deep understanding of engineering/product/business needs and work with product management to ensure your team has a clear vision
- Support and mentor engineers as they grow technically and professionally
- Balance priorities of your teams and enable them to effectively complete long term projects while fixing bugs, managing technical debt, and offer support to the engineering organization
- Set and monitor performance goals for teams and individuals, providing feedback through reviews, one-on-one’s, and regular discussions
- Connect engineering to the rest of the business by clearly communicating business goals to your engineering teams, as well as technical solutions to stakeholders
- Collaborate with the recruitment team to hire new team members
- Skills and Qualifications
- A passionate learner who isn't afraid of new tools and technologies and who loves to share their knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of privacy-compliant solutions for ad delivery, targeting, and measurement
- Experience supporting multi-platform Ad products
- Experience in a team leadership role managing engineers. Enjoy coaching and mentoring people towards their professional development goals
- Enthusiasm for both what we build and how we build it
- Experience implementing or overseeing the implementations of software for scale using design patterns that reduce waste and improve delivery
- Keen sense of modern technology trends and experience working with modern frameworks and services
- Someone who values open and honest communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision.
- Experience in process implementation and in actively challenging engineers to produce meaningful products
- Affinity for excellent design and user experience
- Self-directed, analytical, highly responsible and work well in a team environment
- Typically requires a minimum 12 years of related experience and a Bachelor's degree, or 10 years and a Master's degree, or a PhD with 7 years experience
- * Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
- Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
- Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
- Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.