Apple Media Products Engineering - UI Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
When this team introduced the App Store, it launched a cultural and economic phenomenon that changed the way people live, work, and play. These engineers continue to innovate the platform, now home to over 1.5 million apps — each created using the team’s own software development kit and related services. All those apps mean the store takes billions of requests from more than 500 million visitors every week, across iOS, macOS, tvOS, iPadOS, and watchOS.
To deliver such a rich experience at this scale, the engineers build high- performance systems backed up by persistent systemwide A/B testing. And to help people discover apps they love, the team uses machine learning techniques that include natural language processing to develop new algorithms for personalization, search, and recommender systems. In a world where apps have become essential in people’s daily lives, the App Store team has become essential to Apple’s business.
- 5+ years of experience working in UI and front-end web engineering
- 3+ years experience with React and Redux
- Understanding of design/UX principles and ability to participate in design discussions.
- Experience with JSON & REST architecture
- Implement grid system for responsiveness
- Experience using Grunt, NPM (Node.js)
- Experience working within an organizational code base in multiple environments across numerous ongoing release cycles
- Experience integrating front-end web/UI interface with back end application server technologies
- Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills required
App Store Connect is looking for a hardworking UI Engineer that is responsible for implementing and maintaining online tools. Candidates must be able to build web pages from design comps to pixel perfect pages. You will work across multiple teams including design, operations, QA, editorial, marketing, business and software engineering to build tools that meet Apple's standard for visual perfection.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team dedicated to system evolution across DSCE. As with any software that has lasted more than 15 years, there are always opportunities to leverage new technology to improve performance, use fewer resources, simplify operations, and more. This is a high-leverage, high-impact role that will expose you to all the systems Apple uses to process digital content for delivery to well over a billion people worldwide!
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent
Your application has been successfully submitted.