Director of Marketing, Merger & Acquisition
Salesforce is growing at the speed of light, both organically and through acquisitions. We are seeking an experienced Director of Integration Growth to join the Marketing Merger & Acquisition (M&A) function to supercharge Salesforce’s M&A success. This role will help fuel the long-term growth and integration success of our acquired companies. We do this by defining integration plans and working cross-functionally to implement M&A Marketing integration strategies that deliver success in the first 0-2 years post-acquisition.
Salesforce is one of the most active acquirers in the enterprise software space with 20+ closed acquisitions over the past 3 years comprising more than $45B of value, and 80+ closed acquisitions since 2006. This opportunity provides tremendous exposure and the ability to contribute materially to Salesforce's long-term trajectory. Representative acquisitions include Slack, Tableau, MuleSoft, Demandware, Vlocity, and Click Software.
Director of Integration Growth knows what it takes to lead successful integrations through systems, team, and program changes while delivering pipeline growth for large-scale, global organizations to join our M&A team. You have a proven record of delivering sustainable on-target marketing programs that require the consideration of the Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy, the management of complex target market analysis, orchestrating multi-channel marketing & customer journey, and motivating cross-functional efforts.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Marketing M&A Strategy and Operations, the Director of Growth is a critical role that requires a strong partnership with functional leads, including but not limited to Product Marketing, Field Marketing, Sales M&A, Sales Program, and Marketing Operations.
- Partner with Marketing M&A functional leads to define the scope of work, state of integration success, engagement model, and the timeline for each acquisition
- Partner with Sales M&A and Sales Program leads to identify revenue synergy goals and priorities
- Drive alignment between Salesforce marketing and the acquired marketing team, assist in organization navigation, and define an integration plan that facilitates the achievement of business objectives
- Identify a joint marketing strategy that should be driven by revenue synergy goals & priorities, joint value proposition, and target market analysis
- Understand and diagnose the business impact of systems integration in order to establish plans that minimize disruption to the business while accelerating alignment and synergy with Salesforce
- Identify gaps in systems and measurements between integrating companies and Salesforce and develop migration plans to close gaps, align teams, and achieve performance targets by working as One Salesforce
- Partner with Marketing Decision Science to establish M&A performance metrics and KPIs
- Facilitate, drive, and operationalize demand gen campaigns that aim to improve attach rates and bring together customers in a solution-oriented way
- Facilitate, drive, and operationalize co-marketing programs that build long-term sustainable revenue synergies
- Establish and maintain close partnerships with Sales and Marketing leaders; Represent the M&A Integration Growth team and the acquired demand-gen marketing team in navigating Core priorities and securing support from Core
- Develop bi-directional measurement frameworks, build scaleable processes and enablement roadmap for acquisitions
- Build and lead the M&A Integration Growth team function. Be an advocate of the team. Use data science to help leaders look into how growth marketing impacts company goals
- 10-15 years of Marketing experience, preferably in a global B2B SaaS technology company
- Passionate about Marketing - Understand components of a successful marketing strategy and experience in building a global marketing strategy that requires multi-channel coordination
- Business Leadership: Strong, team-oriented leadership skills. Able to independently identify, frame, and confront issues and make trade-off decisions. Strong initiative. Solid business acumen. Expertise with budgets and financial metrics and ratios
- Creative but thoughtful thinker - Proven record of finding creative ways to unlock opportunities for growth
- Inspiring team builder - An established reputation for inspiring team and driving team growth. Believe in promoting trust and visibility, personal wellness, and holding team members accountable for deliverables.
- Project and Program Management: Experience in estimation, planning, design, and implementation of complex, cross-functional business and IT efforts at software companies. Effective in influencing and making high-quality decisions and taking decisive action. Ability to work well under deadlines and juggle multiple priorities. Strong meeting management skills.
- Executive Communication: High EQ, low ego. Exceptionally strong communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to craft high-impact communications with top level company executives
- Have a growth mindset - Understand the value and the component of growth in merger & acquisition use case - joint customer journey, channel optimization, joint demand-gen
- Marketing Systems and Strategy: Fluent and experienced in Marketing Technology, data and their practical application in Marketing programs, strategy, and optimization
- Data-driven - Demonstrated analytical experience, specifically around program measurement and ROI and program execution skills
- Analytical expert - Track record of solving complicated issues, maneuvering complex organizations, and identifying shared interests among mismatched priorities
- Result-focus - Has excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and a high-energy attitude to ensure projects succeed
- Agile - Adaptable, flexible, beginner's mindset. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible, as change is constant and ever-changing. Has a bias towards action
- M&A Experience: Experience shepherding recently acquired teams into new organization and minimizing disruption a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We bring companies and customers together on the world's #1 CRM.