This job is no longer accepting applications.
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for a talented, passionate individual with at least 3 years of industry experience in game design. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience designing systems and balancing gameplay mechanics. A strong literacy in game design and the ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas in both written and verbal forms is key.
A Game Designer is a flexible, collaborative individual who is excited to work closely with art and programming teams to achieve excellent results. They are able to examine pipelines and workflows and suggest actionable improvements.
- Collaborating with a Lead Designer and Creative Director to deliver on the creative vision for the project
- Help evangelize and communicate the design vision to the team
- Collaborating with the Design team on developing, building, tuning and documenting gameplay mechanics to final quality
- Tuning and balancing gameplay mechanics
- Collaborating with art and programming disciplines to achieve project goals
- Maintaining high proficiency in workflows and pipelines, collaborating to improve tools and methodologies
- Maintaining a high level of quality in all aspects of their work
- Taking initiative in problem-solving and collaborating as needed to facilitate effective resolutions
- Helping liaison between the design team and QA
- 2 to 3 years experience as a game designer
- Shipped at least 1 title as a game designer
- Experience tuning a complex gameplay system
- Demonstrable expertise in game mechanics design and tuning
- Experience with Word, Excel, Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate ideas clearly
- Ability to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks
- Self-driven, taking initiative when needed – demonstrated ability to work independently
- Willingness to push the envelope and innovate within game parameters
- Passionate about gaming and striving to improve the quality of games
- Positive attitude and a great team-player
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A game studio focused on delivering high quality titles with some of the biggest brands & IP for Mobile, PC & Console.