Senior Systems Development Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
About the Role
We are looking for a Systems Development Engineer - Lead who embodies customer obsession and technical leadership, and who wants to build next-generation solutions to challenging build system problems in the Twitch Engineering organization. You'll work with a team of engineers who maintain and evolve Twitch's Observability tools, code repository and CI/CD pipeline platforms, ensuring performance. You'll also assess the Twitch build system platforms for business differentiating features and focus on improving services that provide the most value while providing a path for developers to scale back use of services that do not provide high value. You'll mentor other engineers within and outside of your team, improving technical and soft skills. Using your knowledge of existing and latest technologies, you will identify opportunities and influence the technical roadmap for your team. You will be remote-friendly but you will report to the Manager of Systems Infrastructure based in Irvine, CA.
- Maintain and evolve Twitch's builder tools technical platforms and strategic roadmaps
- Operate essential third-party builder tools like GitHub Enterprise and TeamCity in a highly available fashion
- Partner with development teams to provide deployment automation best practice guidance
- Level up Twitch's Builder Tools capabilities by continually learning about AWS products. Identify opportunities to solve broad problems with AWS product features, or to contribute feature requests to AWS product roadmaps in support of Twitch development teams
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience building, designing, and implementing high scale systems with automation and code. Scale is achieved through automated, and repeated processes that maintain system health with little to no human involvement.
- 7+ years of experience in one of the following infrastructure domains: Automation, Application Architecture & Support, Infrastructure Platform Architecture & Support, Systems (OS) Management
- 5+ years of experience managing builder tools including code repositories and CI/CD pipelines
- 3+ years of experience maintaining infrastructure with one or more of the following languages: Terraform, CloudFormation, DSL, Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Deeply understands software versioning control, software delivery automation, and continuous deployment and integration. Is able to deliver software projects, and code, to scale new or existing software services independently on the most critical service platforms.
- Strong understanding of Microservice Architecture concepts
- Experience with AWS CDK
- Passion for video games and pop culture
- Fluent in meme
Your application has been successfully submitted.