Social Marketing Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for a Social Marketing Coordinator to help us execute on creating, publishing, and scheduling social media content on Hootsuite’s brand channels and internal employee advocacy tool, Amplify. In addition to creating engaging text, images, and video content, you will support cross-functional initiatives led by the Social Marketing team, and contribute creative ideas and recommendations for improving Hootsuite's social media channels and research for new channel development. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office (post COVID-19), you will report to the Social Marketing & Employee Advocacy Lead.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design, write, schedule, and monitor social media content across Hootsuite’s various social media channels, such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
- Assist with storyboarding, writing copy, and designing social-first assets like carousels and Reels
- Collaborate with the Social Marketing & Employee Advocacy Lead to help source, write, and schedule content for Amplify
- Monitor, research, and implement new creative formats, industry trends, and emerging social networks to further advance Hootsuite’s social strategy
- Assist with planning and executing community, event or campaign initiatives such as live video streaming
- Work cross-functionally with teams and departments to ensure content published is social-first, relevant, and engaging for our external and internal audiences
- Leverage data from tools like Hootsuite Analytics, Impact, Google Analytics, and the native social analytics tools to inform the content calendar and generate social media reports
- Be the best possible user of Hootsuite and Amplify and use this knowledge to be an internal subject matter expert, provide feedback to product teams, and make marketing recommendations
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, English or related
- Relevant experience in social media, digital marketing, or similar
- Relevant experience building relationships with digital community members including but not limited to influencers, ambassadors, and customers
- Excellent copywriting skills with the ability to adapt to a brand’s voice while staying mindful of your audience
- A keen eye for visuals on social media with the ability to use software such as Canva or Adobe to create eye-catching social assets
- Comfortable with being on camera to create social-first assets like Reels, IGTV, or TikTok
- Adaptability: Ability to stay up-to-date with changes to social media platforms, learn on the job, and build process along the way
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Social is your superpower. Easily manage all your social media and get results with Hootsuite.