Staff UX Designer
New Brunswick, Canada Remote
We’re looking for a Staff UX Designer to help us design and deliver thoughtful user experiences that truly empower our customers on social. You’ll be working on some of our most challenging and high-impact UX problems, helping to develop and execute a shared product vision and strategy. This role reports to the Manager, Product Design and can be based out of Hootsuite's Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Seattle or remotely across Canada in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, maintain, and extend a deep understanding of Hootsuite's holistic product, business objectives, customers, and competition - by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Build a close, collaborative, and influential relationship with your agile squad: your product manager, product design lead, and software developers, to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches and deliverables. Build bridges to other portfolio designers to align on holistic vision and process.
- Independently develop and deliver high level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mockups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions.
- Provide oversight to portfolio designers and support your development team as they deliver products that implement your designs.
- Actively mentor other individual contributors on the wider Product Design Team through thought leadership.
- Define, lead, and oversee UX architecture projects that has great impact on multiple portfolios - defining overall goals, process, and outcomes, and proactively reporting changes to Product Design leadership and key product stakeholders.
- Collaborate effectively with Product leadership, to drive vision and strategic direction for your portfolio, and maintain its alignment across the Hootsuite Product.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive experience as an influential UX team member, deconstructing complex design challenges and transforming them into simple, intuitive solutions.
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate strategic, visionary, creative, and user centered design solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to expertly conduct a wide range of appropriate UX design activities such as: user research, workshop facilitation, strategy and vision development, systems design, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing. Ability to drive planning and prioritization activities.
- Ability to identify opportunities and create clarity out of ambiguity. Consistently relied upon to tackle very complex problems that heavily impact multiple portfolio areas.
- Expert-level capability using industry-standard UX and UI design platforms. Ability to seek out, validate, and adopt new tooling that improves design outcomes.
- Deep expertise designing for Enterprise and B2B SaaS products using agile and iterative design processes.
- Experience working with Product leadership, contributors, collaborators, and stakeholders who require alignment to plan, prioritize, and execute on exceptionally challenging problems.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the business, vision, and strategy, as well as complex technical requirements, and incorporate them into elegant design solutions.
- Experience advocating for scalable, research-backed design frameworks, architecture, and solutions. Ability to instill and standardize user-centered design principles, concepts, and practices through mentorship and design direction. Advocates for change when vision, strategy, or solution isn't of high value.
- Experience leading and inspiring product design teams through influence and thought leadership.
- Ability to provide technical oversight and mentorship to designers to improve outcomes for the team.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and execute them, in order to continually advance the maturity of the design organization.
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Courage: steps up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.