Senior Director, Product Design & User Experience
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for a motivated and engaged Senior Director, Product Design & User Experience to inspire, grow, and evolve a team of Product Designers, Team Leads, and Design Managers into a world-class user experience team. You'll be responsible for establishing and operationalising our strategic direction for design both in-product and across our other digital experiences. Our goal is to deliver a radically clear and simple design language that delights our customers and makes our UX a differentiator. You’ll foster and build deep understanding and empathy for customers, and partner with many teams including product leaders, growth marketing, data analysts, product development, customer success & support, and UX writing professionals. This role can be remotely based out of Canada East or US West.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- As the most senior design leader and Creative Director, establish strategy, tactical plans and standards that drive quality, simplicity and coherence across the digital experience.
- Develop and roll out a strategy that differentiates Hootsuite among its competitors by having the most intuitive and elegant user experience that drives the highest levels of user activation, retention, and expansion.
- Build a positive, inclusive, and inspiring culture that product designers want to be a part of and grow into.
- Lead designers through change, provide guidance, coaching, and mentorship. Our organization is growing rapidly within an industry that is truly dynamic.
- Collaborate with design leadership on planning, staffing, hiring, budgeting, and managing priorities.
- Partner with research teams to help drive best practices around design and research. Communicate research-backed insights concepts, and designs to a variety of audiences.
- Partner with software development and product management to set product strategy, determine how teams will work together, and develop our test and learn culture to support data-backed solutions for customers.
- Balance product, business, and user-centered goals to ship products users love. Advocate for social media customers and for design with cross-business stakeholders and Hootsuite leadership.
- Partner with creative and brand teams to ensure strong visual design and consistent brand expression across UX channels.
- Mature our design operations practice through process improvement and tooling.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive experience directing SAAS product design teams and organizations where UX research partners closely with designers to get great outcomes.
- Experience leading design for a product that serves multiple audiences; experience designing for a B2B social product is a bonus.
- Demonstrated ability in building partnerships and strong working relationships across design, product, development and other functions. You know how to build relationships that get results.
- Experience driving and participating in SAAS product design evolutions and a portfolio that demonstrates this.
- You have test and learn experience and know how to lead designers in this practice.
- Familiarity with the best practices for accessibility and internationalization of product design
- Demonstrated experience leading major design changes that have measurably increased user adoption and satisfaction.
- Preferred experience: Design leadership experience with product acquisitions and/or mergers.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results.
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions.
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs.
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities.
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action.
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships,
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects.
- Test and iterate experience
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Social is your superpower. Easily manage all your social media and get results with Hootsuite.