Senior Director, Product Design & User Experience
Toronto, ON, Canada Remote
We’re looking for a motivated and engaged Senior Director, Product Design & User Experience to inspire, grow, and evolve a team of Product Designers, Team Leads, and Design Managers into a world-class user experience team. You'll be responsible for establishing and operationalising our strategic direction for design both in-product and across our other digital experiences. Our goal is to deliver a radically clear and simple design language that delights our customers and makes our UX a differentiator. You’ll foster and build deep understanding and empathy for customers, and partner with many teams including product leaders, growth marketing, data analysts, product development, customer success & support, and UX writing professionals. This role can be remotely based out of Canada East or US West.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- As the most senior design leader and Creative Director, establish strategy, tactical plans and standards that drive quality, simplicity and coherence across the digital experience.
- Develop and roll out a strategy that differentiates Hootsuite among its competitors by having the most intuitive and elegant user experience that drives the highest levels of user activation, retention, and expansion.
- Build a positive, inclusive, and inspiring culture that product designers want to be a part of and grow into.
- Lead designers through change, provide guidance, coaching, and mentorship. Our organization is growing rapidly within an industry that is truly dynamic.
- Collaborate with design leadership on planning, staffing, hiring, budgeting, and managing priorities.
- Partner with research teams to help drive best practices around design and research. Communicate research-backed insights concepts, and designs to a variety of audiences.
- Partner with software development and product management to set product strategy, determine how teams will work together, and develop our test and learn culture to support data-backed solutions for customers.
- Balance product, business, and user-centered goals to ship products users love. Advocate for social media customers and for design with cross-business stakeholders and Hootsuite leadership.
- Partner with creative and brand teams to ensure strong visual design and consistent brand expression across UX channels.
- Mature our design operations practice through process improvement and tooling.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive experience directing SAAS product design teams and organizations where UX research partners closely with designers to get great outcomes.
- Experience leading design for a product that serves multiple audiences; experience designing for a B2B social product is a bonus.
- Demonstrated ability in building partnerships and strong working relationships across design, product, development and other functions. You know how to build relationships that get results.
- Experience driving and participating in SAAS product design evolutions and a portfolio that demonstrates this.
- You have test and learn experience and know how to lead designers in this practice.
- Familiarity with the best practices for accessibility and internationalization of product design
- Demonstrated experience leading major design changes that have measurably increased user adoption and satisfaction.
- Preferred experience: Design leadership experience with product acquisitions and/or mergers.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results.
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions.
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs.
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities.
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action.
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships,
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects.
- Test and iterate experience
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.