Intermediate Software Developer, Full Stack
Ottawa, ON, Canada
We’re looking for a Software Developer who can design, build, test, and ship high quality software that delivers business value to our customers . You’ll be working in small teams in an agile fashion, incorporating feedback to refine and improve beta releases and turning them into production ready, scalable products suitable for new and existing customers. This role reports to a Software Development Manager, and is based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada or the US (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work within a cross-functional team (including designers, product managers, architects and other developers) to deliver compelling products and services to our customers
- Design, write, test, and deploy scalable code
- Help shape our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products
- Maintain standards of security, reliability, performance, and quality
- Participate in code reviews, attend regular team meetings, and apply software development best practices
- Take ownership of your work and work autonomously when necessary
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and considerable experience in developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of education or work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale; Experience doing data driven development and working with an experimental mindset and asset
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice; ideally, you have experience working on a SaaS product
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Self Development: is personally committed to, and actively works to continuously improve
- Decision Making: work with your peers and leaders to build consensus and choose a direction forward. When required, you drive this process.
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.