Senior Software Engineer - Revenue Processing Billing & Revenue Pipeline
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
San Francisco, Remote US, Remote Canada, Seattle, New York City
Who We Are
We are a team within Twitter’s Revenue Platforms organization, responsible for all of the ads revenue processing ($2B+). We call ourselves RP-1 after the rocket fuel and love the analogy because we calculate and bring in revenue - fuel that powers our rocket ship - Twitter!
We’re on a mission to build the foundation of a strong platform to enable a multi-fold growth of Twitter’s revenue. We will accelerate the pace of execution for the entire Revenue organization, and our plans include structural overhauls and redesigns of existing systems as well as building new services from scratch.
Twitter’s revenue depends on RP-1 because we:
- Compute how much advertisers owe Twitter and how much Twitter owes its partners and publishers. The computation is handled by the scalable and reliable online and offline pipelines that efficiently process an average of over 250,000 transactions per minute with a micro-dollar precision.
- Enable payments functionality for advertisers, and in not-so-distant future, for other Twitter revenue streams.
- Equip advertisers with various types of funding sources to fuel their campaigns (a funding source provides a campaign with money it needs to run).
Who You Are:
- You are curious and open to new ideas
- You have strong opinions but are willing to change your mind
- You love to collaborate, mentor and learn with a great team
- You care about delivering high-quality software in a team environment
- You want to iterate quickly and safely on high scale systems
- You’ll work closely with our internal customers, including ones who build user-facing revenue products, to ensure their requirements get implemented - in a generic fashion - on the platform level.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years developing on high-traffic distributed systems
- Experience in building streaming systems using Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- A disciplined approach to writing unit and integration tests
- Experience with payment systems.
- Contributions to the open-source community
- Experience working with Java and Scala
Your application has been successfully submitted.