Senior Software Engineer - Revenue Callback
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
Seattle, San Francisco, Remote US, Remote Canada
Who We Are
We build platforms that empower revenue teams with real-time user interaction data for the purpose of optimizing serving ads, billing of advertising, and measurement.
Twitter is synonymous with staggering scale. Hundreds of millions of users use Twitter service every single day, and that generates huge amounts of traffic, often in an unpredictable manner. We build systems that are directly involved in translating that traffic to revenue in real-time.
What You’ll Do
You'll be driving the redesign of the critical real time data processing pipeline. The ads we serve result in a substantial stream of user interactions (impressions, clicks) flowing back. Revenue products consume these interactions in a variety of different forms and the team owns a data processing pipeline that prepares the data for different product use cases. The data processing pipeline is more than 10 years old and needs a revamp to adapt to the latest business needs. A chance of a lifetime to rebuild and have an impact!
Who You Are:
- Strong technical background on distributed system and streaming computation
- Strong passion for building systems that enable other developers to build phenomenal things
- A fierce sense of ownership, caring deeply about the quality of everything that you deliver into your customers' hands.
- A track record of building large scale distributed systems
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in mentoring and helping to strengthen a team
- 4+ years experience with large scale distributed systems, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and etc.
- Fluent in at least one JVM based language(Java or Scala)
- A solid grasp on good software engineering practices (e.g. thorough code reviews, deep focus on quality, design documentation)
Your application has been successfully submitted.