Manager, Software Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for a Software Development Manager to help us build and manage high-performance teams that solve challenging engineering problems as we build the next generation of social products. You will hire, grow, coach, and lead teams of engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize backend infrastructure and core client-facing web applications used daily by all Hootsuite users. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to Director, Software Development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Hire, build, and support cohesive, high-performance teams
- Provide strategic support to help direct reports build the career they want
- Define and deliver well-scoped programs of work that achieve results, while communicating risks, trade-offs, and timelines with stakeholders
- Establish and maintain high standards of security, reliability, scalability, performance, and quality in all delivered projects
- Proactively share information, actively solicit feedback, and facilitate communication for multiple stakeholders
- Challenge the status quo and effect positive organizational both within the team(s) you manage, but also more broadly, outside of mandated work
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Extensive software development experience with a demonstrated increase in responsibility, including people leadership
- Alignment with Hootsuite’s leadership principles and development core values, i.e. You are a producer of talent, not a consumer, You are a teacher and a learner, You build a performance culture through challenge and support
- Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and SaaS systems
- Experience with Microservices and Service Oriented Architecture
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Accountability: holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Social is your superpower. Easily manage all your social media and get results with Hootsuite.