Intermediate Software Developer, Backend
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re looking for a Backend Software Developer for our Software Development teams to join us in the design, building, testing and deployment of new products and features which enables our customers to plan, curate and publish messages. You’ll be working with a team of talented developers to develop high quality products which are scalable, testable, and extensible and provide high value to our customers. As a key member of the development team, you will work closely with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to define and execute on our vision and values. This role reports to a Software Development Manager, and is based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver office (post COVID19) or remotely across Canada or the US (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with and lead your team to design, build, test, and ship high quality software to Hootsuite’s customers
- Help shape Hootsuite’s technical roadmap
- Iterate in an agile fashion creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments through continuous integration
- Identify multiple candidate solutions to a problem and evaluate them for fit given the constraints of the project
- Shape Hootsuite's culture, and your teams, through improved tooling, streamlining processes, and working across product boundaries
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, experience in designing, developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of work experience, and a track record of substantial contributions to software projects with high business impact
- An understanding of SaaS software development practice; Ideally you have experience working on a SaaS product
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Your application has been successfully submitted.