Cloud Data Engineer, Google Professional Services
Toronto, ON, Canada
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with data processing software (Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive) and algorithms (MapReduce, Flume).
- Experience managing client-facing projects, technical troubleshooting, working with engineering, sales, services, and customers.
- Experience working with data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments.
- Experience in technical consulting.
- Experience in with big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning as well as experience in building multi-tier high availability applications with modern web technologies (such as NoSQL, MongoDB, SparkML, Tensorflow).
- Experience architecting and developing software or scalable Big Data solutions in virtualized environments.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Cloud Data Engineer, you'll guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze and explore/visualize data on the Google Cloud Platform. You will work on data migrations and transformational projects, and with customers to design large-scale data processing systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, and troubleshoot potential platform challenges. In this role, you are the Google Engineer working with strategic Cloud customers. With the team, you will support customer implementation of Google Cloud products through: architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring and more.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Big Data challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively through video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
- Travel up to 30% of the time to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Your application has been successfully submitted.