Technical Writer, Cloud Technologies and Tools
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing.
- Experience working in collaboration with software engineers on a daily basis.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience in a Unix environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a constantly changing environment.
About the job
Technical writers plan, create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering or user experience. The content is often in the form of documentation, but may also be UI text, sample code, videos, or other educational material. Regardless of the content medium, technical writers are distinguished by their abilities to explain complex topics in a way that’s useful to their audience.
As a Technical Writer on the Cloud software engineering team, you'll create content targeted for other third-party engineers working on an array of interesting problems. Specifically, on the Cloud Tools team, you’ll drive documentation for Google Cloud’s premiere development tools such as the Google Cloud Software Development Kit (SDK), Cloud Shell, and Cloud Code. On the Serverless team, you'll have the opportunity to create processes and docs that will help scale the product to include events across Google and beyond, depending on users’ needs. And on the Google Kubernetes Engine team, you'll cover concepts, tutorials, quick-starts, integrated developer tools, APIs, samples, and leverage other types of content such as videos.
- Plan, create, and maintain technical documentation for internal or external engineering audiences.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Manage complex documentation projects.
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful