Enterprise Infrastructure Technical Specialist, Google Cloud
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Remote locations may be available in the following: all Canadian provinces and territories.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Toronto, ON, Canada; Calgary, AB, Canada; Montreal, QC, Canada; Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Experience with cloud and data center design and migration patterns including network, compute/mainframe, virtualization, storage, security, and identity
- Experience architecting, sizing, and costing cloud solutions
- Experience with Enterprise virtualization technologies
- Experience in an technical architecture or sales engineering role
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical field
- Experience as an IT infrastructure consultant or enterprise architect working in data center investment strategies, migrations, and proposals
- Experience with Windows, Linux system administration, and/or Enterprise applications
- Experience with container orchestration technologies (kubernetes, mesos, swarm etc.) and deployment methodologies and technologies (CI/CD, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Working knowledge in IP and storage networking including SDN, Linux, application networking, DNS, SAN and hybrid technologies
- Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases and/or Big Data technologies
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As an Enterprise Infrastructure Technical Specialist in the Center of Excellence (CoE) you will contribute experience and thought leadership to support Google Cloud Sales teams, and drive vision, mission, and strategy around data center migration and transformation. You'll meet with customers to facilitate business transformation, success patterns, and establish an architectural blueprint as the foundation for migration to Google Cloud. You will need to travel to customer sites and events up to 40% of time.
In this role, you'll identify and assess customer infrastructure to uncover cloud solutions to recommend, plan for, and address core market opportunities and use cases. Finally, you will enable customers, partners, and field teams on the best way to position data center solutions on Google Cloud, explain technical features, and problem-solve potential roadblocks on Google Cloud.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Lead workshops for strategic customers to assess existing application and infrastructure environments to identify use-cases for cloud computing models
- Identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers
- Recommend and document migration path, integration strategies, and application architecture required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud
- Develop architectural blueprints to enable data center and mainframe migration opportunities in coordination with Google Cloud product and specialist teams
- Assist the Infrastructure Modernization Solutions management team, contributing to solution and use case specific assets
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful