Senior Software Development Engineer - Search Platform
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About Workday’s Experience Products Organization
The Experience Products organization is looking for exceptional individuals to build out the core services, applications, and algorithms that enable the creation of personalized, next generation workplaces. We’re solving some tough problems in finding and organizing content, relevance, relation, integrations, infrastructure, and enterprise search. We build high-quality applications and microservices and also care deeply about how our services operate in production with attention paid to testing, monitoring, logging, and delivery.
We collaborate regularly and continually look for ways to work better together. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We think about clean code and automated testing all the time. We take walks, eat lunches together, and play games to give our brains a break. We’re always getting better.
Come join a growing team where you will have the opportunity to build the core technologies and tools that positively change how our customers work with enterprise applications - making them more engaging, personalized, and interactive.
About the Role:
- Write and maintain solid, robust, efficient and maintainable code using best of breed languages, frameworks and tools, including Spring Webflux, Kotlin, and AWS.
- Build, optimize, and manage an ElasticSearch solution on AWS at a very large scale.
- Integrate with third-party enterprise systems.
- Work with operations engineering to build out Docker containers, Jenkins CI jobs, deploy pipelines, monitoring, and metrics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements.
- Mentor and learn from other team members through pairing, code reviews, and documenting code.
You are a technical leader with a passion for team success. You have talent and enthusiasm for creating usable, scalable, well-tested software. You want to work in a highly collaborative, agile environment. You love learning new technologies, languages, tools, and frameworks - and thinking carefully about which ones will be of real benefit in your projects. Here are the things we are looking for:
- You see software development as a team sport, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile culture where you’re always teaching and learning.
- You have 5+ years of experience building enterprise-level software with a focus on performance, scalability, and security.
- You have deep knowledge of ElasticSearch and how to optimize it for large scale.
- Experience with an AWS-hosted solution is a plus!
- You have extensive experience working with microservices built for the JVM and with developing modern, reactive APIs.
- You have a very strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, functional programming, distributed systems, and design patterns.
- You understand the value of automated tests at all levels of the testing pyramid.
- You have experience with search algorithm optimization.
- You enjoy mentoring other developers. You have strong written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to work smoothly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Computer Science or related field with 3-5 years of experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re shaking up the world of enterprise software.