Full Stack Engineer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
The People Experience team is looking for exceptional individuals to build out the core services, applications, and algorithms that enable the creation of personalized, next generation workplaces. We’re solving some tough problems in finding and organizing content, relevance, relatedness, integrations, infrastructure, and enterprise search. We build high-quality applications and microservices and also care deeply about how our services operate in production with attention paid to testing, monitoring, logging, and delivery.
About Team Flamingo
We collaborate regularly and continually look for ways to work better together. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We think about clean code and automated testing all the time. We take walks, eat lunches together, and play games to give our brains a break.
About the Role
- Write and maintain solid, robust, efficient and maintainable code using best of breed languages, frameworks and tools, including React, TypeScript, and Kotlin.
- Integration with third-party enterprise systems.
- Work with operations engineering to build out Docker containers, Jenkins CI jobs, deploy pipelines, monitoring, and metrics.
- Mentor and learn from other team members through pairing, code reviews, and documenting code.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 3-5+ years of full stack web development required
- Experience with large scale Java projects
- Familiarity with Git and/or equivalent code management/version control best practices, RESTful development patterns, and agile development
- Have experience with reactive code libraries like webflux or rxjava is a plus
- Have experience with Kotlin codebases nice to have
- Worked on large applications using TypeScript and React is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.