Senior Associate Full Stack Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the Team:
Come join our talented team building Workday People Experience product in our growing Vancouver location!
Workday People Experience aims to simplify and extend Workday to each employee in a personalized way. Workday People Experience enables employers to better engage and support employees while making work more personal and productive for their people.
We need smart and passionate engineers who proudly contribute clean code and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders. We believe that the best user experiences combine engineering excellence, immersive UIs, and secure backend services. The software you write will have an impact on millions of people. Our customers include Amazon, Netflix, Patagonia, Sony, Toyota, and many more great companies around the world.
About the Role:
- Write and maintain robust, efficient and testable code using best of breed languages, frameworks and tools, including React, TypeScript, GraphQL and NodeJS.
- Innovate on new features that can reach millions of users
- Deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews
- Work on an Agile Scrum team that delivers on shared commitments
- Be a team player placing the teams collective success as the highest priority
You have talent and enthusiasm for creating usable, scalable, well-tested software. You want to work in a highly collaborative, agile environment. You love learning new technologies, languages, tools, and frameworks - and thinking carefully about which ones will be of real benefit in your projects. You can answer “yes” to many of the following statements:
- You see software development as a team sport, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile culture where you’re always teaching and learning
- You have knowledge of one or more major programming languages
- You have 2+ years of experience building enterprise-level software with a focus on performance, scalability, and security
- You have experience working with TypeScript or ES6, and CSS, Less or Sass. You’re familiar with modern web development frameworks such as React
- You have a strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, and design patterns
- You understand the value of automated tests at all levels of the testing pyramid
- You’re experienced in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment using Scrum successfully
- You’re very familiar with virtualization technologies such as Docker or VMware, and build technologies such as Webpack, Gradle and Jenkins
- You have strong written and verbal communications skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re shaking up the world of enterprise software.