This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. The location listed on the job description is simply so our jobs get picked up by job boards as they require a specific location. Being Virtual First means, location is flexible, so please feel free to apply to any position regardless of the location listed. Final location will be determined, by teams and individuals as the hiring process unfolds.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Dropbox team is growing, and we’re looking for engineering managers to support this growth. In this role, you'll lead a team of 5 - 10 engineers, working closely with your direct reports, product managers, designers, QA engineers, and other engineering teams to build the future of Dropbox. Our team culture rewards a bias for action, engineering partnership in defining the product, and discipline in how we develop. You’ll thrive in our team if you love chasing impact, working through ambiguity, and developing a culture of innovation.
- You will be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of hardworking and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- You will develop a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Dropbox's values.
- You will ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- You will set direction for the team, anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- You will help craft technical and product strategy
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience with an engineering team
- Experience as a software developer
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working.