Software Application Engineer, III
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the Team:
Join a talented, dynamic and passionate team delivering a new generation of on-demand enterprise solutions focusing on Talent Development. The team’s overall goal will be to accelerate the delivery of features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expect from Workday applications.
Workday is unique in that it builds enterprise software in the cloud on a single codeline through a continuous development model allowing for rapid delivery of our software to our customers. The successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines, be passionate about building high quality enterprise applications and be innovative in their ideas from a technical, process and relations point of view.
About the Role:
- Design and develop a product in a metadata-driven development environment.
- Design and develop engaging user experiences.
- Create and maintain robust, efficient and maintainable code using an OO framework.
- Create and maintain reliable automated tests.
- Mentor and learn from other team members through pair programming, code reviews, knowledge sharing, hackathons, etc.
- You see software development as a team activity, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile culture where you’re always teaching and learning.
- You have 3+ years experience building performant, scalable and resilient applications
- You have experience with Web Technologies (React preferred).
- You have experience in an OO language.
- You have a strong desire to learn and continuously improve your craft.
- You have experience with influencing the technical decisions made by a team.
At Workday, we believe every potential recruit brings value to the table. Believe you are missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and are happy to teach. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, apply and see what we are all about.
Your application has been successfully submitted.