Senior Compensation Operations Manager
United States Remote
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. The location listed on the job description is simply so our jobs get picked up by job boards as they require a specific location. Being Virtual First means, location is flexible, so please feel free to apply to any position regardless of the location listed. Final location will be determined, by teams and individuals as the hiring process unfolds.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they’re happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
As a Senior Compensation Operations Manager, you will help advance and scale our compensation practices and programs. You are responsible for project management of large, cross-functional efforts and team roadmap support, process and automation development and refinement, and creation of complex and scalable compensation models to support Dropbox's growing employee population. You will fully immerse yourself in creative problem solving and data analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized insights and recommendations.
- Design and implement new tools, processes, and programs to support our scaling efforts
- Serve as technical and project management lead for compensation processes and initiatives such as annual focal review, budgeting, and pay range analysis, as well as system implementations such as a market pricing tool
- Owner of our market pricing tool, Salary.com’s CompAnalyst, completing the implementation, evaluating its effectiveness, and developing the business processes for the team’s usage
- Lead participation in compensation survey submission process and conduct external market pricing. Analyze results, formulate recommendations and updates, and maintain the compensation structure.
- Find creative solutions for enhancing the compensation team’s scalability, efficiency, and clarity
- Identify anomalies in large programs or analyses, continue to investigate, and bring proposals for solutions to appropriate parties
- Design and craft reusable compensation metrics, models, reports, and tools to inform decisions and/or analyze compensation trends. Develop and update quantitative models to assess compensation practices and competitive position.
- Primary internal clients include Recruiting and Compensation team. Own relationship between Workday, Internal Audit, and select Finance partners and the Compensation team
- Own modeling, reporting, forecasting and tracking of company-wide budgets that include sign on, base salary increase, and bonus projections
- Develop effective communications and change management plans that ensure thorough understanding of programs and processes
- Perform ad hoc project and program analysis as needed. Share observations and commentary beyond specific analysis requests.
- Cross-functional project management capabilities and experience with company-wide impact
- Experience developing and rolling out scalable processes and programs
- Ability to translate data into consumable, actionable findings to aid decision making
- Strong business acumen
- Strong experience in compensation
- Strong technical aptitude i.e, Excel proficiency, Workday experience, market-pricing tool experience (interview process may include an Excel test)
- Strong attention to detail, with a focus on data integrity
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Experience with presenting trends, identifying insights from large sets of data that could be useful for making business decisions
- Ability to develop concise presentations to illustrate and communicate related information
- Excellent analytical skills to effectively analyze data and build meaningful, understandable models, reports and metrics
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Your application has been successfully submitted.