Summer 2021 Tax Internship
San Francisco, CA, USA
As Global Tax intern, you'll gain first-hand experience with a world class tax team and deliver high priority strategic projects! You will help support decision making through your critical thinking, strategic mentality, and data-oriented approach. This role requires strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent planning and prioritization habits, and the ability to articulate and present information for partners at all levels of the business. During this unique tax internship program, you'll be exposed to all aspects of corporate tax from strategy to compliance to technology!
What You'll Do
- Research: Assist with tax research of Uber's products and services in various jurisdictions, analyze information from various sources and compose technical memorandums as assigned.
- Monitor and analyze relevant tax technical updates, existing and proposed tax legislation and tax reporting updates.
- Analyze large sets of data; identify trends and abnormalities. Participate in requirements gathering and the development of solutions to mitigate any identified gaps.
- Execute: Assist with timely monthly information reporting and compliance filings, including but not limited to, sales and use tax returns, business licenses, 1099 forms and tax notices. Prepare workpapers for federal and state income tax reporting and support on income tax accounting issues.
- Innovate: Design streamlined, user friendly tax processes that enable our partners to spend less time consolidating data across systems without sacrificing functionality or compliance. This is achieved by using a combination of functional/operational knowledge, analytical thinking and a passion for making a difference.
- Operational Excellence: Identify operational and structural weaknesses. Help to develop new processes or improve existing ones to keep operations as efficient as possible. Support automation initiatives as it relates to key processes. Identify areas where we are not meeting tax or regulatory standards.
- Partner: Support inquiries from Uber's partners as they relate to tax information reporting and guide cross-functional teams to resolution. Work with Customer Engagement, Account Management, Sales, Communications, and Support teams on regular communications and drive campaigns with our partners to update accurate tax information.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Finance, Accounting, Tax, Economics, Computer Science, or a related field with at least one remaining semester of school left after completion of the internship
- Professional proficiency in English as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, passionate, dedicated, 'can-do' attitude and a positive outlook
- Critical thinker ready to tackle problems within various areas of the operations and finance organizations
- Comfortable diving deep into technical problems and working through solutions with subject matter specialists
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
About the Team
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, focused execution of strategic business objectives. Our Tax team builds scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial, statutory reporting, and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.