Sr. Software Engineer (Android) - Carpool
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Uber is building a new team to develop a new Carpool product that will transform how people get to and from work in cities around the world. Join our growing team in the Toronto office and help develop this brand-new product offering within the Uber Marketplace. As an Android Engineer on the Carpool team, you'll write code behind apps used by millions globally every day. You will work as part of a diverse multi-functional team of backend and mobile engineers, data scientists, product managers, and designers.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with a diverse team to design, build, and ship great experiences for our customers
- Implement native user collaborate with the latest Android technologies
- Ship an efficient, reliable, crash-free code that reaches millions of users
- 3+ years of relevant work or educational experience in client-side software development using Native Android SDKs and frameworks
- Focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team
- Strong ownership, taking a personal stake in the success of the product and the team
- Proud of the code you write and have a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship
- Focused on the customer and the details that make their experience amazing
- Practical, making the best use of time and resources to find the simplest solution that works
- Naturally curious and have a burning desire to learn
- Motivated, always looking for ways to contribute, and know-how to ship code
- Have a BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Have experience with multiple technology stacks
- Contribute to the wider software community through open source
- Experience or educational background in any of the following is a plus: Product Design, UI/UX, Backend/Fullstack engineering
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion