Sr. Software Engineer - Android (Driver)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
About the Role
Our team's mission is to elevate driver experience for everyone, everywhere and in every condition. To deliver this mission, you will join a highly passionate team to research, build, and influence how to make Uber Driver app the best app in the industry, both in user experience and engineering excellence. Two years ago, we led the rewrite of Driver app to modularize the app so that we can do safer and faster experimentation. Now, you build on this new architecture by introducing the latest innovation in Android into our app. Our most recent project is to ship tablet version of the Driver app in landscape that has been used daily by Drivers in Japan.
What You'll Do
- Create delightful and groundbreaking Android features for our Driver app.
- Pick and choose the latest development in Android ecosystem to integrate into the app, e.g. Dark mode, Picture-in-Picture, Bubble API, Android Auto, etc.
- Dive deep into AOSP code and other Open Source libraries to fully optimize user experience.
- Elevate the performance of the app, reliability, performant, and tolerant to any network condition.
- 3+ years Software Engineering experience in Android
- BS or MS in Computer/Information Science or Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Strong expertise in Android engineering and keep up-to-date of the latest development
- Deep understanding of Android SDKs
- Product development experience
- Great communication skills and an ability to work in a team and with stakeholders
- Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile applications
- Experience in efficiently collaborating on projects
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion