Senior Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Program Managers within Community Operations partner cross-functionally with operations leaders, engineering teams, and other organizations to build processes that enable an effortless, rapid, and efficient customer support experience. Uber's Program Managers develop support services for new products and initiatives while driving continuous improvement within existing support services.
About the Role
The Uber Safety team develops, creates, and constantly innovates processes and tools to ensure that Uber continues to be a safe platform.
In this role, you will be responsible for thinking through every aspect of safety support related to Uber in the region. You'll be one part incident response, one part trend analysis, one part brand ambassador, and one part process innovator--working for riders, eaters, driver and delivery partners, and with the Uber team through the most complicated and sensitive problems our community faces.
What You'll Do
- Build, operate, scale, and continuously improve Community Operations with a heavy focus on solving problems and leading the Safety Support program team to deliver stellar outcomes. Continuous process improvement, advocating passionately on behalf of our community to influence the overall customer experience, and managing stakeholder relationships across the larger business to set the right expectations and deliver on them.
- Be a passionate advocate for all members of Uber's community and listen attentively to their feedback, so we can positively influence our safety policies, improve on how we communicate, and provide meaningful insights to the rest of the company that directly impacts the 'moments that matter' for our customers.
- Deliver stellar operations outcomes according to agreed service level agreements: ensuring our support sites across the region achieve the best customer outcomes for the most complex and difficult support issues our businesses encounter, especially in the face of new regulatory requirements, and ensuring our sites operate as efficiently as possible while maintaining the highest level of quality.
- Building new lines of business: As our Safety Support operations expand, and we tackle new modalities and new customer segments, you will be taking the lead in translating ideas on a page into reality: operationalizing new lines of business, which involves standing up a team, enacting new workflows and processes, fulfilling its knowledge management needs, and seeing the launch through from incubation stage to pilot to ongoing operations
- Engage strategically with local and global partners to improve internal tools and the overall user experience, and to improve how we move cities across the markets we operate in North Asia.
- Relevant experience whether it be in a start-up, bank, consultancy, or corporate, you are someone who loves leading change in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in business, economics, finance, or any science-related fields
- Experience with optimization, processes, systematic organization, program/project management
- Data analytics experience; Excel proficiency
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a support organization or for organizations known for stellar customer support is a plus but not necessary.
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion