Vice President, Total Rewards
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We're looking for an experienced and proven leader to join as our VP of Total Rewards. Reporting to our Chief People Officer, you will drive Lyft’s success by bringing your compensation and benefits expertise to Lyft’s leadership team and help us scale. You will utilize and combine your quantitative rigor, business mindset, and communication skills to understand Lyft’s product and business priorities, design optimal total rewards programs, and align with our performance management practices. You will be a trusted advisor to our Founders, C-suite, Compensation Committee as well as manage the equity budget annually for the Board. As a thought leader, subject matter expert, we’ll look to you to balance principles and pragmatism, navigate through rapid change, roll up your sleeves when needed and drive positive change across the company through collaboration with stakeholders.
- Bring thought leadership and drive Lyft’s Compensation and Total Rewards philosophy and practices; ensure alignment with our business growth goals and People team priorities
- Partner closely with Lyft’s executive leadership on both day-to-day operations within their organizations as well as strategic business decisions. Collaborate with leadership across the company to establish clear and concise programs to ensure successful retention, succession planning, and advancement of future leaders within Lyft
- Serve as key owner of our work for Lyft’s Compensation Committee and Board of Directors
- Drive analytical rigor and deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing programs; establish and drive key metrics including usage, engagement, and cost analyses
- Innovate and react quickly as business and market realities change, staying up to date on best practices and trends; ensure compliance with applicable legislation
- Create change management and ensure strong communication of Total Rewards philosophy and practices with managers, team members, and across the People Team
- Manage and coach our Compensation and Benefit Managers to help them take their stakeholder management skills to the next level. Ensure operational effectiveness in order to scale the team’s impact; build internal processes and systems to support our growth
- Partner closely with our Talent team to help Lyft hire the very best talent, our Finance team to help ensure financial strength of the business, our Payroll team to ensure right outcomes for employees, external vendors and partners to leverage resources, etc.
- Close to 10+ years experience in Compensation and Benefits, including Equity design, planning and administration and Executive Compensation. Degree in Business/MBA, Finance, Human Resources, or equivalent work experience in Compensation Consulting, HR, Finance
- You’ve had extensive exposure to building and successfully executing Compensation, Total Rewards strategies for hyper-growth technology companies
- Track record of effectively partnering with a Board/Compensation Committee as well as internal senior stakeholders
- Created and managed innovative, compelling Compensation, Equity and Total Rewards programs in a fast-paced environment; skilled at interpreting business needs and making decisions based on emerging priorities
- Deep analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, models, etc. Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects with a strong operational background
- Hands-on leader. You’re resourceful, forward-thinking, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems and have an "own the outcome" mindset. Also, thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- You have a lot of exposure to influencing and partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders on key Compensation and Benefits topics. You excel at openness and flexibility with internal clients, balanced with maintaining consistency in Total Rewards philosophies and practices
- You devote time to and are passionate about educating, mentoring and teaching partners the values and business impact behind total rewards
Your strengths span both analytical and organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. Most importantly, exceptionally detail-oriented and maintain the highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an ope...