Software Engineer Intern (2021)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for aspiring software engineers from a scope of disciplines. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work on one of our many business areas, such as:
Rideshare, Transit, Bikes and Scooters & Fleet
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the customer and the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets… how they evolve, how they breathe. We provide personal transit options that people love and cities need.
- Brief daily meeting to sync with small cross-functional team (scrum)
- Go off and crank on your project, checking in with other team members throughout the day with questions and updates
- You leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor)
- You value reliability, ensured by automated testing (unit, integration and load tests)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Lyft driver and every Lyft passenger
- Currently pursuing B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Requirement to return to coursework for a minimum of one term following internship completion
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Passion for sustainability and/or transportation
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to holidays, interns receive 1 day paid time off and 3 days sick time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an ope...