Human Resources Business Partner
Montreal, QC, Canada
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will work with a team of HRBPs providing support to Rogers Call Centres, Network, and the Fido group in Montreal providing internal consulting support to our directors and managers in dealing with a broad spectrum of human resources issues. He/She will also be responsible for providing analytical and project management support on various initiatives as well as ongoing tasks. The successful incumbent will contribute to business success through HR knowledge/experience, application, and analysis. The HRBP will report to the Manager, Human Resources based in Montreal. This is temporary mandate for 9 to 12 months.
What you will be doing:
- Provide consultation on issues related to legal and procedural compliance, labour and employee relations, workforce planning, talent and performance management, compensation and organizational development.
- Build strong relationships and credibility with all levels of management.
- Through knowledge transfer, coaching, and training, increase the ability of business unit managers and staff to independently action and resolve labour and employee relations issues and facilitate change management.
- Work on national HR projects and programs: planning and implementing projects (timelines and milestones) for key initiatives, both local and national in scope.
- Partner with leadership to improve HR practices, process decisions and programs.
- Assist leadership with building effective practices to meet business and employee needs.
- Keep current on business knowledge, internal to the function and across the Company.
- Participating on industry/HR committees to seek out and implement 'best practices'.
- Partner with leadership to identify and understand their needs and effectively communicate and execute national HR programs.
- Design and develop spreadsheets, databases and presentations to support HR projects.
- 3-5 years Human Resources experience, preferably as a generalist/advisor.
- Post-secondary degree with concentration in business/Human Resources or CHRP designation and equivalent work experience required.
- Previous experience supporting a retail sales environment is desirable.
- Be results-oriented and have a demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities
- Sound problem solving and influencing skills, coupled with an ability to understand broad Human Resource issues and resolve conflict situations in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills with a well-developed ability to think analytically.
- Ability to identify trends and/or anomalies in a dataset and conduct follow-up root cause investigation.
- Strong accountability and responsibility to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excel skills, Microsoft Office Suite.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Rogers(189), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & HR Generalist
Requisition ID: 211025
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate
Job Segment: Consulting, HR, Temporary, Compliance, Project Manager, Technology, Human Resources, Contract, Legal
Your application has been successfully submitted.