Product Manager, Institutional Success, Education Cloud
United States Remote
The Education Cloud team combines the power of technology with social impact to drive equitable access to education and create lifelong learning opportunities. Broader, easier and more affordable access to education is urgent, and institutions must become more efficient and effective in how they deliver their missions. They must transform their business models to support growing needs of students and workers for quality, lifelong learning.
Education - all education - is founded in relationships between people, information, actions and insights. There is no better platform to transform the business of education than Salesforce. Education - quality, affordable and accessible lifelong learning - is the foundation for a diverse, empowered, and skilled society. There is no better company to bring equity to education through technology than Salesforce.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, and self-directed Product Manager to join a team focused on education, technology and impact. This is a unique opportunity to affect the future of learning while leveraging the world’s best platform to create innovative and transformative products and applications.
The Product Manager, Institutional Success leads the development, execution, and strategy to develop effective, scalable, end-to-end business institutional success solutions for the Education Cloud. This includes market and business analysis, gathering requirements, writing and prioritizing user stories and detailed feature descriptions, managing product development, internal engagement, and customer outreach. In addition, we expect our newest team member to contribute working knowledge of data modeling, BI/reporting tools and analytics. The Product Manager, Institutional Success will report to the Sr. Product Manager for Institutional Success and will be a key member of a growing team.
Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility is required. Below is a partial representation of what may be included in the Product Manager's typical week:
- Own the product vision for your area, ensuring that it aligns with the overall Education Cloud vision.
- Be an expert on current and emerging technologies that are applicable to education, especially data modeling and analytics, as well as the global education market, related trends, and most importantly--customer needs. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Bring the customer's voice into the creation process. Own requirements, specifications, and release plans. Define and manage the customer beta and early adopter process.
- Work closely with UX to develop, test, and deliver assets to engineering. Work with the product team to deliver a world-class product driven by customers, prospects, advisory teams and internal product experts. Drive the end-to-end feature delivery cycle.
- Define what success means and how success will be measured for each feature and each function before it even goes to development. Develop ways to constantly define and monitor customer and product success.
- Facilitate and manage the product lifecycle and continuously iterate to improve the product, including prioritization of enhancements, fixes and modifications.
- While understanding and driving toward the larger vision for business success, dig into the detailed requirements for each user story, working with the UX, development, quality assurance, and documentation teams to iterate on the absolute best approach for new features, gaining consensus and shared understanding.
- Manage and communicate trade-off decisions between scope and schedule to optimize the success of the product for customer success and revenue impact.
- Coordinate product release communications for your area of expertise. Define prioritization and expectations for your product team, supporting them and their questions and concerns throughout the process. Work closely with Product Marketing Managers and our extended team to promote your products both internally and externally and ensure a cohesive message.
- Represent Salesforce as a domain and product expert at customer interactions, industry and corporate events, and online in our customer community and through social networking.
- Above all else, do the little things that build, support, and nurture great teams to achieve your shared goals.
- Leadership DNA: demonstrate proven ability to set a vision, excite, and lead a cross-functional product team.
- Bring 3+ years of experience and increasing scope of responsibility in Product Management roles, having shipped multiple external-facing products. Product management experience including BI/reporting toolsets and/or analytics (such as Salesforce Einstein and Tableau) and deep knowledge of Salesforce platform is essential.
- Knowledge of current education applications for K12 and/or higher education and global market needs will be advantageous for this role.
- A data-driven mindset is required, and proven skills in quantitative market analysis and financial modeling for product tradeoff optimizations is a strong plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to rapidly, concisely and compellingly summarize and express key messages is essential. Fluency with public speaking, delivering presentations and giving memorably awesome product demos is expected.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required; Salesforce certifications, graduate study in information technology and/or business are helpful, too.
Our product managers are:
- Well-versed in understanding customer needs;
- Curious and compassionate (not just empathetic);
- Mission-driven and service-oriented;
- Collaborative, consultative, and agile with demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and thrive in high velocity, highly dynamic and changing work environments;
- Deeply analytical, detail-oriented and able to link market needs to product/technical solutions;
- Expert in creating a product narrative;
- Inspirational to engineers, designers, and sales teams on a collective vision;
- Strong communicators; and
- Solid partners who believe that building a great product is a team sport.
Interested candidates should share a cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and interests.
Your application has been successfully submitted.