Paralegal, Corporate, Securities & Governance
United States Remote
The Corporate, Securities & Governance Paralegal provides paralegal and administrative support to a team of four lawyers focused on Corporate Governance, SEC, Securities, Subsidiaries and Finance. The position will report directly to the Senior Corporate Counsel – Corporate & Securities but will work very closely other team members, internal clients, and with the Vice President & Associate General Counsel.
We are looking for a paralegal to join our team and help provide excellent legal services on a wide variety of corporate and securities matters. The successful candidate will be very detail-oriented and eager to learn and grow, and will be able to prioritize, juggle competing priorities, and be extremely responsive in a fast-paced environment, all while maintaining excellent relationships with internal clients. A go-getter with a keen sense of judgment, strong organizational skills and a sense of humor would excel in this role. A legal background, or experience as a paralegal or law clerk, will be preferred but is not required.
Responsibilities: The paralegal will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Managing or assisting with management of various domestic subsidiary matters, which may include formation, dissolution, drafting of governing documents and required filings.
- Assisting with executive officer "Section 16" filings.
- Assisting with preparation and organizing detailed records supporting our SEC filings, including the Proxy Statement and Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
- Working closely with the Company’s Transfer Agent to assist with securities matters, including releases of restricted stock and related opinions, often in support of the Company’s mergers and acquisitions.
- Assisting with Finance and Treasury matters, including intercompany loan documentation and capital markets transactions.
- Assisting with creation and maintenance of domestic subsidiary minute books.
- Responding to the unexpected in a fast-moving Fortune 500 technology company.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be extremely responsive and flexible in a fast-paced environment critical
- Team player who wants to learn, takes initiative and is willing to wear whatever hat is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to use, or quickly learn, Quip, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Two to three years’ paralegal or legal clerk experience strongly preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.