Product Manager, Engagement
United States Remote
We are looking for a talented, self-directed, Product Manager (PM) who is passionate about working closely with nonprofits to deliver market driven solutions.
The PM’s primary focus will be delivering on plans to empower nonprofits marketing teams to easily take advantage of Salesforce technologies, including Marketing Cloud, so they can reach their fundraising goals and deliver on their missions. This is an amazing opportunity to make a difference with thousands of social impact organizations, while working on the world’s best platform for delivering powerful applications. The team is one where self-directed individuals thrive, and one where your vision for increasing the impact of technology in the social change sector can be realized.
Duties include development of market driven requirements that solve our customers’ toughest problems, synchronizing customer needs and interests with roadmap and delivery schedules, and representing the product to internal and external stakeholders; the PM will be the expert on the product, the problems it solves, and its users.
The PM will be required to be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about leading the development, execution and strategy for effective, scalable, end-to-end business solutions. This includes gathering requirements, writing user stories and epics, and organizing and maintaining a backlog of work. The PM will also work closely with cross-functional teams - including other PMs, technical program managers, and engineering managers - to schedule, coordinate, and align on product delivery and timelines. Additionally, the PM will work closely with the larger product team to align on vision and strategy and communicate clearly with invested parties. This role will report to a Sr. Product Manager on the Engagement team.
As to be expected in a startup-like environment, the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility is required. Below is a partial representation of what may be included in the Product Manager's typical week:
- Work with customers, partners, and stakeholders to gather user requirements
- Work in tandem with a cross-functional team to write epics and user stories
- Collaborate with multiple teams to bring product to market and deliver value to our customers
- Act as the subject-matter expert for their assigned market
- Develop product feature roadmap and community input plan (pilots and design partner programs)
- Lead the team through release planning to inform the roadmap and communicate results to stakeholders
- Facilitate and manage the product lifecycle and continuously iterate to improve the product, including prioritization of enhancements, fixes and modifications
- Manage and communicate trade-off decisions between scope and schedule
- Synthesize diverse sets of data to educate the team and drive product decisions
- Engage with customers and partners to understand their needs, articulate our goals and evaluate the impact of our product
- Partner with marketing, alliances and customer success teams at all levels to assess, initiate, prioritize, refine, and drive go to market messages for products and solutions
- Facilitate the creation of feature designs
- Coordinate delivery timelines and tradeoffs with other development teams and clouds
- Above all else, doing the little things that get the team to their goals
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Management role where you have shipped products that have scaled
- Demonstrated aptitude in the agile software development process
- Experience with Salesforce technologies; Marketing Cloud experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming customer needs into an actionable product vision and requirements definition
- Demonstrated experience working with nonprofits fundraising or marketing experience a plus
- Strong public speaker with experience delivering presentations and giving product demos
- Bachelor’s degree
Our product managers are:
- Well versed in understanding the customer needs
- Compassionate (not just empathetic)
- Deeply analytical
- Experts in creating a product narrative
- Inspirational to engineers, designers and sales teams on a collective vision
- Detail oriented yet versatile
- Good communicators
- Partners and believe that building a great product is a team sport
Your application has been successfully submitted.