Lead Visual Designer, Tableau
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you excited about helping people see and understand data – from non-profits to research firms, and startups to fortune-500 companies? How about designing tools and experiences that allow people to take messy, complicated data and turn it into a simple, curated thing of beauty?
Are you energized by working with a range of UX designers to coach them towards better visual communication, and to help enable them to create better solutions? How about being part of forming how AI based features like Ask Data and Explain Data communicate probability to people without misleading them? If this sounds interesting, we’d love to meet you!
This visual design role is part of the Analytics design team. The Analytics design team is part of the larger Tableau design team of over 40 visual and UX designers. In this role you will be working closely with the UX designers on the analytics design team, with the other visual designers in other teams, and with the visual designers in the centralized design language system team.
Some of the things you'll be doing include…
- Develop creative solutions that align with broader product strategy and reflect a deep understanding of our users.
- Partner with UX designers to improve feature design concepts through visual communication
- Contribute to the expansion and evolution of our design language system.
- Build components for the team in Sketch or Figma
- Create micro-interaction prototypes
- Work with UX to develop new paradigms to communicate how AI-based features behave
- Work with creative director on the visual direction for Tableau
- Effectively communicate your ideas to a range of stakeholders and audiences through presentation and storytelling.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (UX designers, visual designers, user researchers, technical writers, product managers and engineering) throughout the planning and development life cycle.
Who you are...
- Expertise in creating compelling visual designs with consideration for typography, color, iconography, interaction, and motion.
- Fluency in visual design principles at both a conceptual level and a practical level. Based on your experience or training, you can meaningfully discuss, evolve, and share your understanding of ideas like color, shape, space, type, balance, visual hierarchy, and form.
- Understanding and experience in user-centered design process. Experience assisting with a broad range of assets from icons to web flows, moving your designs throughout an agile development process, wireframing and prototyping.
- Good listener and coach who can build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders. You know when to ask questions, which questions to ask, and how to listen with intent to learn.
- Experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems and guidelines.
- Proficiency with the visual presentation of data or complex information preferred.
- Experience using design and prototyping tools to translate ideas into working products (e.g., Sketch, Figma, Framer, Adobe CC, InVision).
- A strong portfolio of work that includes shipping visually compelling software products.
Your application has been successfully submitted.