Summer 2021 Intern - Systems Engineer, MuleSoft
San Francisco, CA, USA
This is your time to shine. Our systems engineering interns are considered full-time employees by their peers. In fact, you will be expected to contribute right away as a member of our Engineering teams for future releases.
You will write code that reaches millions of subscribers who use a number of our applications. Additionally, you will work on our automated testing infrastructure and craft the tools that provide real-time monitoring of our service.
With such a quick turnaround, we don’t want our interns to sit on the sidelines and enjoy the view— we want you to change the way our customers connect their business to the world!
As a Futureforce intern, you will not only get to contribute to the meaningful work our teams are doing, but you will also have the opportunity to interact with senior executives and network with a number of employees at Salesforce and Mulesoft.
In addition to these impactful opportunities, ensuring that you get to participate in a number of events outside of your day-to-day duties is something that is top of mind for us.
Throughout the summer, you will get to attend reoccurring “Lunch and Learns” where you will hear from a number of different representatives from the business about their career paths, attend events that take place outside of the office such as local Baseball games and finally, you will have the opportunity to give back to the community through a number of organized volunteer events.
At Salesforce, we care deeply about the work that you do as an intern and additionally want to ensure that you are provided ample opportunities to create meaningful connections with other Salesforce employees as well as other students from across the country during your summer in the office.
- Work under the direction of software architects and senior Site reliability engineers on a project that you will get to present to other interns and Salesforce Developers
- Work with your team members on timely and relevant projects that may be included in a future infrastructure tooling release
- Contribute to our suite of automated tests and testing infrastructure
- Enrolled and working towards obtaining a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field. Please note that in order to be eligible for an internship, we require that you be returning to school the following quarter/semester to work towards completing your degree
- Must be attending a University in North America
- Academic or professional/internship experience working in a professional coding setting is a plus
- Understanding of object-oriented programming/design
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals and how to apply them to code
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures and how to efficiently implement them into a solution
- Ability to produce clear, efficient and concise code
- Team-player with the ability to work effectively and efficiently with others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to putting quality first and delivering quality solutions
- Be a self-starter and possess a strong sense of self-motivation
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Coursework in SQL and relational database concepts
- General knowledge of python
- General knowledge of change management best practices
About Futureforce University Recruiting
Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company.
With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
Your application has been successfully submitted.