Summer 2021 Intern - UX Designer - Tableau
Seattle, WA, USA
Tableau helps people see and understand data. We design products that are fast, easy, and beautiful products that anyone can use to solve problems and make a difference in the world.
People at Tableau are builders, tinkerers, and collaborators. Our teams are constantly bringing their deep expertise, skill sets and ideas together to drive new features and products that improve people’s lives—you’ll do real work and make an impact, immediately.
Want to design Tableau’s latest releases that will reach more than a million people around the globe? Navigate large-scale, complex technical challenges in a fast development cycle? Receive world-class mentorship and connect with some of the brightest people in the industry? Oh, and have a blast while you’re doing it? Join our 2021 Tableau intern class! Not only will you build great products, you get to hear from our leadership, attend intern-exclusive events, give back to your community through volunteer events and more. Discover a summer of new opportunities and experience what sets Tableau apart.
What you’ll be doing…
As a UX Design Intern, you will help design interactive web, mobile or desktop user experiences for a suite of visual analysis products. You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, and other UX disciplines. You will be challenged to apply your creative and technical skills to help our customers gain insights from their data.
A few more things you’ll be doing…
- Work closely with partners to understand the problem domain
- Design solutions that meet user needs and align to project goals
- Develop UI mock-ups, flow diagrams, wireframes, and clickable prototypes to document designs
- Regularly present your work to stakeholders and incorporate feedback
- Work directly with developers to ensure designs are implemented as effective user experiences
- Participate in usability testing or other user research activities
Who you are…
- Educated. Current college student in a design-related degree program. Please note that in order to be eligible for an internship, we require that you be returning to school the following quarter/semester to work towards completing your degree.
- Experienced. A portfolio that demonstrates some experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role.
- Knowledgeable. Knowledge of usability principles and user-centered design methodology.
- Communicator. Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Team Player. Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.