Product Manager – Pricing, Internet of Things
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join our team
The TELUS Internet of Things (IoT) team’s purpose is to bring connected services to our customers and communities that are simple, productive and insightful. We do this by developing a best in class approach that integrates solutions, processes and subject matter expertise for a customer first experience across all of our portfolios.
We are an IoT leader in the Canadian market and our depth and expertise continues to deepen within this space with recent acquisitions and partnerships. We are currently well underway on a journey to take this business to next level.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are looking for a proactive, highly-motivated and results driven leader to join the TELUS Connected Insights team, within Products and Services, at TELUS. The Product (Pricing) Manager’s primary function is to architect and approve corporate/business pricing offers, supporting sales through the renewal and acquisition of TELUS customers.
The Product Manager will evaluate business case fundamentals on new and existing sales opportunities with sales management, act as corporate pricing lead at the national level, make difficult pricing decisions, maintain established margin guidelines, negotiate with sales, aid sales with positioning of offers to clients, and provide solutions/creative implementation of TELUS B2B Internet of Things product offerings to enhance TELUS’ value proposition to clients. The successful candidate will also build relationships with key stakeholders in sales, marketing and finance, act as an influencer with cross functional and executive groups in order to enhance revenue and penetration, provide leadership on performance and competitive trends/behaviour, and special projects in support of Product and Marketing.
- Lead the corporate pricing development for an assigned region(s) working closely with the sales team and their clients
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining pricing solutions
- Perform profitability analysis, competitive evaluation and financial risk assessment on all strategic opportunities
- Manage conflicting recommendations by communicating strategic business rationale and exploring alternative solutions to put TELUS in a winning position
- Establish, review and maintain pricing structures and understand, resolve and mitigate impact enterprise-wide
- Analyze and anticipate corporate pricing trends in the market and adapt corporate pricing offers accordingly
- Drive continuous pricing and pricing-related process improvements and programs; develop business cases and define requirements for new pricing initiatives
- Participate in strategic bid strategy and financial review meetings with senior executives
- Document all approved offers and evaluate them based on a defined set of financial metrics
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Write business communications with a clear mastery of the English language
- Build and logically communicate a financial strategy, the analysis and outcomes
- Collaborate, influence, negotiate, and prioritize
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
- Maintain quality & timeliness of deliverables across a number of varied tasks and responsibilities
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change while maintaining strong attention to detail
Required Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of the wireless industry and IoT technologies
- Strong business acumen, ability to balance revenue and profitability
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Excel, financial modeling and analysis
- Well-developed communication skills to convey financial and business impact to non-financial stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation and influence skills; must be able to take a lead role in recommending course of action during live negotiations (with sales and clients)
- Strong customer focus and commitment to service excellence
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; able to manage multiple project responsibilities & shifting urgent priorities
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
- Salesforce.com experience is an asset
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Economics or Finance; MBA desirable
- Previous experience pricing Solutions as a Service (SaaS) for business clients
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Product Manager role
- Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Other Locations: CA-QC-Montreal, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-BC-Vancouver
Your application has been successfully submitted.