This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team
At TELUS, our technology and service innovation create a stronger and more caring world by enabling remarkable human, social and business outcomes. Through our Customers First promise, our team members build relationships with Canadians every day through simple, reliable and helpful experiences while providing personalized solutions that enrich their lives using the power of technology. Through our TELUS Health services, our team is transforming healthcare by delivering connected solutions and services to empower Canadians to live healthier lives.
We are seeking a Communications Manager to support our Customer Service Excellence (CSE) and Consumer Health portfolios. It’s an exciting time to support these important areas of our business.
Here's the impact you'll have and what we'll accomplish together
As Communications Manager for CSE and Consumer Health, reporting to the Director of Communications for Consumer & Health, you will work closely with the senior communications managers on these portfolios, our senior leadership team and program leads to drive effective communications that inspire, enable and empower team members while elevating our world-leading brand. In partnership, you will showcase how we’re evolving our service experience to amplify our top priority of putting Customers First as well how we’re helping to make healthcare more accessible for all Canadians.
- Trusted advisor/partner: proactively seek to understand strategic priorities and cultural focus areas while providing communications guidance and risk mitigation. Balance competing interests to devise and implement appropriate and effective communications strategies that connect our people to our business objectives
- Storytelling: engage in clear, concise and articulate communications, displaying excellent verbal, writing and editing skills and confidence and creativity supporting the creation of strategic narratives and compelling storylines for CSE and Consumer Health
- Change management: partner closely with senior communications managers, our People & Culture team and business primes to plan and execute communications for the CSE team. You will demonstrate the ability to tailor messages to specific audiences – specifically with an eye for how to most effectively engage frontline team members
- Collaboration: demonstrate superior client service and consultative qualities while working closely with key internal and external stakeholders
- Innovation and creativity: drive innovation and efficiency by looking for new ways to promote Consumer Health products and solutions, exploring best practices and challenging communications processes and channels
- Critical thinking: understand, analyze and simplify complex problems and assemble appropriate resources to tailor communications strategies and tactics
- Content creation: produce and publish multimedia content, including written, visual and digital assets. Demonstrate strong understanding of digital and social channels
- Team member engagement: distribute communications that focus on enhancing the team member experience and support business objectives, using internal tools
- Industry acumen: attain comprehensive knowledge of the challenges and opportunities facing the technology and health sectors, understand industry trends and effective people practices
Does this sound like you?
- Commitment to improving the lives of Canadians and our communities
- Obsessed with driving exceptional team member experiences
- Expert at uncovering and communicating compelling stories
- Believe in the link between brand and culture
- Passion for taking risks and thinking differently
- Thirst to learn and a keen observer of the general business environment, industry trends and current affairs
- Curious, creative, courageous, collaborative and committed to enabling powerful connections
- Team player that embraces a ‘no task too small’ attitude
- Strong sense of business ownership and accountability
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Four years or more of communications experience in a similarly large and complex organization
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline is required or extensive related business experience in a corporate communications or marketing communications role
- Analytical ability to produce performance reports and track the success of communications activities
- Knowledge of social media and interested in sharing knowledge and best practices
- Knowledge of G Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress experience and comfort with light coding/HTML is an asset
- Proven success in strategic use of communications to engage and persuade a diverse team
- Additional post-secondary education, an accredited public relations, communications or marketing designation
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations: CA-QC-Montreal, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-ON-Toronto, CA-AB-Edmonton
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good