Intermediate Fullstack Developer - Digital Commerce - TELUS Digital
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, business.telus.com and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You are an experienced, hands-on developer who has shipped medium to large-scale applications. You will be a forward thinker who can balance day-to-day pragmatism with an eye for future growth of our platform.
As a software developer with TELUS Digital, you will be responsible for crafting, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for TELUS customers.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. You will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
More specifically, you will support the front-end web experiences and technical health of our applications (ex: page speed, performance) in TELUS Digital - Digital Commerce. Working within a highly collaborative team, you will use your experience to take customer user stories to develop components in order to bring our cart and checkout web experiences to the next level, while following standards and best practices. Your curiosity and courage to innovate in an agile environment will enable us to implement enhancements and contribute to A/B tests that will drive sales and customer experience optimizations in order to provide the best web experiences to users.
- You enjoy working with developers of all skill levels, whether more senior or more junior
- You’re also interested in constantly learning and growing - both building your own skill set and helping develop the people around you
- Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of the development process
- Knowledge about database management and architecture
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions
- Identify problem areas in code & provide solutions
- Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Proven history of excelling in a team-based collaborative environment
- Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Proven Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use StackDriver, NewRelic)
- Good understanding of testing best-practices and tooling (we use Jest, react-testing-library and Cypress)
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming) Ability to mentor other junior developers
- Experience with securing UI applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG2 AAA) best practices
- Experience working with CI pipelines
- Familiarity with the Docker ecosystem
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Experience in working with a design system
- Contentful experience
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- GraphQL experience
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Other Locations: CA-BC-Vancouver
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good