Senior Data Engineer - Geo-Analytics
Toronto, ON, Canada
Create better business outcomes with your analytical acumen and creativity.
Join our team
The Data Strategy & Enablement team is on a continuous journey towards helping TELUS become a world-class leader in data solutions. We are doing so by delivering data analytics capabilities built upon unified scalable platforms, advanced AI tooling and high quality data. We have a data-product, data-platform oriented culture, and we are always keeping an eye on the horizon, preparing for the next big thing.
We are looking for a technical expert that brings world-class expertise in Artificial Intelligence and Geolocation to join our AI and Geo-Analytics Center of expertise spanning all of TELUS’ brands to provide guidance, automation and insights through collaboration with cross-functional teams to evolve the way they do business in this data insights era.
Together, we will develop and execute strategic programs that will enhance the experience for TELUS subscribers, including improving the robustness and reliability of our networks.
Always wanted to work with a team of innovators and be part of a culture that embraces creativity and collaboration? If so, we’d love to talk with you!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As our Senior Data Engineer – Geo-Analytics, you will be key in supporting the enterprise Geo-Analytics platform and delivering highly accurate and reliable geolocation information to business units all while building strong data pipelines and supporting the data science life cycle.
You will combine your passion for data and technical skills to deliver on automation, analysis and insights but also help discover how the key performance indicators we track ladder up to the customer and business outcomes we are driving.
You will be creating scripts and tools to enhance and maintain critical insights drawn from raw data, develop dashboard reporting using advanced analytics tools and will collaborate with internal business partners, continuously delivering valuable insights to help the business units achieve their goals.
You will drive process improvement through automation and learn to apply AI, and Machine Learning to help our stakeholders unlock the true potential of their data.
- Enhance and automate our Geographic Information Systems’ analysis providing new levels of Geo-Analytics insights
- Provide, Robotic Process Automation solutions for the automation of repetitive tasks
- Build appealing and dynamic data visualized reports
- Build strong ETL data pipelines that support our overall Data Science growth
- Collaborate with our Data Scientists on deploying live machine learning models
- Create and maintain various containers that support the team’s needs
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- You are recognized for your keen eye and ability to identify and act upon potential technical improvements
- You are sought out for your strong knowledge of data analysis technology ecosystems
- You have solid development experience with Python and are comfortable using various data manipulation libraries such Panda, GeoPanda and Numpy
- You are a database expert, especially with SQL, noSQL, Hadoop, Oracle and MongoDB
- You are the go-to person for your understanding of Geographic Information Systems and ETL processes
- You are a cloud, microservices and Software as a Service approaches savant
- You are respected for your ability to articulate and map an end-to-end customer experiences
- You are commended for your clear communication and cross-functional collaboration skills at all levels of the organization
- Post graduate education in Software development, Cloud DevOps or Advanced Analytics
- GCP certification
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal
Other Locations: CA-AB-Calgary, CA-BC-Vancouver, CA-ON-Toronto, CA-AB-Edmonton
Your application has been successfully submitted.