This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ready to create innovative solutions and best practices?
Join our team
The TELUS Technology Strategy - Consumer Services Evolution & Support team is driving the development of new services and the support and lifecycle management of policy and charging platforms within TELUS.
The team is responsible for the development of new and exciting consumer wireline services, plus the deployment and operation of our policy and charging platforms responsible for delivering these services. These systems are what allow our customers to unleash the power of the internet, providing the connectivity that they enjoy every day.
As a key member of this team you will work closely with operations and business primes to convey a development mindset to product operations, participating in the agile development of new consumer services and policy platforms.
Your unwavering focus and insight will help drive improvements to our processes, as you advocate, influence, and communicate with the customer always in mind. This is a multi-faceted, fast-paced job in an evolving environment, so flexibility, a strong work ethic, and a good sense of humour are a must.
TELUS has a great opportunity for a passionate and talented person ready to support and evolve our policy and charging platforms.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You're passionate about providing the most robust customer experience by developing and operating resilient systems to support consumer wireline services. You will work with an engaging team in a supportive DevOps environment to create and operate exciting new technologies.
Your unwavering focus and insight will help drive improvements to our processes, as you advocate, influence, and communicate with the customer always in mind.
- Collaborate with business and technology teams to review business requirements and recommend solutions
- Improve the end to end lifecycle of our services from inception and design through to deployment and operations
- Participate in system design consulting, vendor engagements, software development and testing, and production implementations
- Manage a wide variety of system technologies from bare-metal to cloud and container-based infrastructure
- Embrace DevOps culture and best practices
- Develop and evolve our systems and tools to improve the way we operate and to enhance our team analytics and productivity
- Provide training to operational staff to disseminate your knowledge
- Participate in system incident response and blameless post-mortems
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Innovative thinker, curious, action-oriented, ability to drive improvements, strong relationship builder, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, superior communication skills, highly adaptable, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Software operations or development experience
- Experience with Python, Java, or NodeJS and a willingness to work with all three
- Cloud technologies - AWS or GCP preferred
- Container technologies - Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- Experience implementing automated CI/CD
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Strong understanding of networks and network protocols
- Experience analyzing network traces using tools such as wireshark, tcpdump etc
- Configuration management - Ansible preferred
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-AB-Edmonton
Other Locations: CA-ON-Toronto, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-BC-Vancouver
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good