Design Specialist II
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you want to be a part of a transformational journey and work on leading edge technologies?
Join our team
The TELUS Lab team is in the privileged position of being the first to test and play with the newest, emerging technologies. We are passionate about technology and figuring out to create something that is cool, new or better products and services that create exceptional experiences for our customers. Our achievements are team achievements that include close partnerships with diverse groups from across the organization and different brand vendors. We are at the forefront of designing and implementing next generation of networks and technologies such as cloud computing, 5G, Software Defined Network (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You are passionate about applying your technical abilities and learning new skills to help drive technology innovation. In this role, you will collaborate closely with key TELUS architects, senior team members, business primes, across the organization to help deliver key strategic and transformational initiatives.
Here's how – you will:
- Communicate directly with internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Work in a lab environment to provision, configure, upgrade and troubleshoot lab managed network
- Provide lab service offerings to stakeholders which include topology realization, firewall setup, IP, VPN & DNS management, project integration with lab services, system and application monitoring, etc.
- Support stakeholders to install and configure their devices and integrate with lab managed network
- Troubleshoot distributed solutions across multiple environments
- Develop documentation of network connections and changes
- Participate in team projects to enhance the technical infrastructure or improve quality and efficiency of our lab managed network
- Improve lab process and implement new automated capabilities to increase productivity
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience on with complex IP networks, e.g. IP/MPLS, TCP/IP, and L2/L3 protocols, routing, spanning tree tools, BGP, VRF, IPSec, IPv4, and IPv6 protocols and services is required
- Experience in troubleshooting L2 and L3 routing and switching issues
- Experience in load balancing protocol.
- Hands-on experience in TACACS and Radius authentication.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Regarded as a self-starter who is proactive and collaborates effectively
- Equipped with an Engineering, computer science or related degree
- Possess CCNP or equivalent certification
- Working knowledge of Linux and database
- Knowledge of SDN technologies
- Experience in Cloud native development
- Experience on Bare-Metal switches and servers as well as OEM Certification are a plus
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Other Locations: CA-AB-Edmonton, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-BC-Vancouver
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good