Senior Marketing Communications Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join our team
The Marketing team within TELUS Business is dynamic, fast-paced, and highly engaged. Together, the team is responsible for driving profitable growth within a key growth segment for TELUS. Our team has direct responsibility, or supporting leadership, for all ‘4 Ps’ of the marketing mix to drive our business objectives.
You will join a skilled team of Brand and Marketing communications experts that continue to elevate the TELUS Business brand through exceptional creative, content and advertising efforts. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and results driven brand and content expert to join the team as Sr. Marketing Communications Manager.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You are someone who excels in a business ownership environment. You enjoy working with cross-functional teams and provide leadership and guidance to your portfolio stakeholders, leveraging and understanding insights to drive decisions and improvements.
You're a brand enthusiast with a talent for content development and strategy with a deep understanding of the B2B customer experience. You have a desire to challenge the status-quo, able to work collaboratively and confidently with multiple stakeholders across different business units to ensure alignment on marketing communications deliverables.
Reporting to the Manger, Marketing Communications & Brand, you will be responsible for developing and supporting brand campaigns and content strategy for both the Small and Mid-market businesses segments.
- You will be the day to day lead on all Mid-market brand & content strategy overseeing all aspects of Marketing & communications for (but not limited to)
- Content strategy & development (blog posts; white papers; social & video content; testimonials; digital copy; infographics; etc).
- Account Based Marketing (ABM) strategy and deployment
- Advertising and media planning
- Insights and analysis
- Brand governance and measurement
- Research analysis
- You’ll build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholder teams, and support them through the development and implementation of campaigns and content development
- You’ll lead our agency partners to ensure we’re delivering campaign outcomes on time, with a strong focus on brand, quality, simplicity and a first-rate experience
You are the missing piece of the puzzle
- A self-starter
- A track record of developing, executing, and optimizing effective content strategies
- A track record of developing, executing and optimizing effective ABM sales strategies
- Client and/or agency experience within Mid-Market/Enterprise marketing space
- Strong writing skills
- Respected for taking ownership, initiative, and display a sense of urgency and self-direction
- Exemplary presentation and story-telling abilities; able to craft concise and compelling results-driven stories tailored to the audience
- You’re at home in an ever-changing environment; you relish being faced with dynamic new problems
- Drafts, revises, edits, and produces a broad range of communication tools, including custom digital content, articles, social posts, presentations, and speaking notes, targeting a variety of audiences
- You have an eye for detail and are a creative minded individual
- Solid understanding of marketing communication tactics and objectives
- Ability to develop a measurement strategy for each campaign and deliver in-depth post-mortems
- Excellent knowledge of computer tools required for presentation and information sharing (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with superior interpersonal/leadership skills
- Bilingual is an asset but not mandatory (French/English)
- Telecommunications and/or technology-based industry experience is an asset
- 5-7+ years’ experience leading strategic initiatives in marketing, marketing communications, or an agency setting
- Proficiency with content management software
What WE Give Back to YOU
- Opportunity to show your stuff and be recognized and rewarded for excelling
- Highly-engaged, dynamic and collaborative environment
- Opportunities for personal development through training, networking and career development
- Organization that actively supports you giving back to the community you live in
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Place that embraces our core values: spirited Teamwork, courage to Innovate, embrace Change and initiate Opportunity, and a passion for Growth
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Other Locations: CA-QC-Montreal, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-BC-Vancouver, CA-AB-Edmonton
Your application has been successfully submitted.