Senior Product Manager - Business Security Solutions (Access Control)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Make a difference with TELUS as we transform the physical business security market.
Join our team
TELUS Business Products & Services is a dynamic, high-performance team that brings innovative new solutions to market for Enterprise, Mid-Market and Small Business customers across Canada.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You’ll get in on the ground floor of a high-growth business, helping TELUS build on our acquisition of ADT Canada to become the leading provider of commercial and enterprise physical security solutions in the country. Working at the intersection of customer experience, technology and business, you’ll influence decision-making at the highest levels of our organization and play a pivotal role in the development and commercialization of our business security and automation portfolio.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Be accountable for access control product strategy, market positioning, lifecycle management, and our associated service development roadmap
- Lead the creation and prioritization of market requirements, and back them up with clear customer use cases, competitive positioning, and solid business cases
- Accelerate profitable growth by bringing new commercial and enterprise-ready security solutions to market, and identifying opportunities for portfolio optimization & rationalization
- Be the voice of the access control customer throughout the organization, leveraging your knowledge to support our business development activities and pursuit of strategic customer accounts
- Play a crucial role in vendor selection, engagement and negotiations, working closely with our technology strategy, privacy, procurement and legal teams to ensure our solutions deliver the best-in-class customer experience TELUS customers expect
- Drive the annual strategic and capital planning cycles for your portfolio, while simultaneously partnering with operations teams to drive continuous improvement in our end-to-end value chain and service delivery model
- Own the P&L of our access control business, reporting on monthly performance, developing total market opportunity and sizing, setting targets, and doing what it takes to meet or exceed your KPI’s
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- A high-performer with a keen attention to detail, outstanding planning and organizational skills, and a proven track-record of bringing successful physical security solutions to market
- Excels at cross-functional collaboration and building strong relationships, with a dynamic and positive personality, who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Known to be an out-of-the-box thinker with a rare combination of strong technical knowledge, business acumen, and quantitative analysis skills
- Have extensive experience in partner management, negotiation, and contract management (and have been known to draft an agreement or two yourself)
- A naturally curious person with a continuous improvement mindset, who is comfortable with ambiguity and thrives on identifying challenges and tackling them head-on
- Have a post-secondary degree in a relevant field and at least 5 years of experience in product management
- Direct product management experience with access control solutions
- An MBA from a recognized university
- Bilingualism (written and spoken English and French) an asset but not a requirement
What WE give back to YOU
- A highly-engaged, dynamic and collaborative working environment
- The opportunity to show your stuff and be recognized (and rewarded) for success
- The opportunity to make a large, meaningful, and measurable business impact
- Personal development opportunities through training, networking and career development
- The chance to give back to the community you live in through (virtual) team events
- Flexible work styles with the ability to work in and out of the office
- A competitive pay & benefits program
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations: CA-QC-Montreal, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-ON-Toronto, CA-AB-Edmonton
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good